EM Heer Bergmutze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EM Heer Bergmutze

I have always liked this one and decided to post it, I am looking for a nice Heer Officers M43 .

It has a nice early white on green T form that is hand applied and a edelweiss backed in dark green on the side flap. The buttons are the brown nut type. It has a black leather sweatband with a grey twill lining , it appears there was a maker there but it is to faded to see anything now. There is a hole in the lining and you can see a mesh/straw buckram kinda shell between the wool and it has no gromets. It is pretty thread bare and hopefully the shots will pick that up

Hope you all like it.
    Attached Files

T form, has parted at the top seem.
    Attached Files

Comment

Buttons
      Attached Files

Comment

under the flaps
        Attached Files

Comment

Edelweiss
          Attached Files

Comment

inside
            Attached Files

Comment

inside 2
              Attached Files

Comment

side
                Attached Files

Comment

Man, I gotta say, that I really don't like the look of this one.

Comment

Thank you for your comment. Maybe this will generate more from others.

Would you be a little more specific about the look you do not like?

Comment

Originally posted by Christian_GJR3 View Post
                      Man, I gotta say, that I really don't like the look of this one.
                      I thought the same at first but when I disregarded the fact that this isn't a textbook Bergmutze or M43 and that it's not pretending to be either, I'm a lot happier with it. There are quite a few original caps that fall into the grey area between Bergmutzen and Einheitsmutzen and whether you believe in them or not is more to do with personal choice, gut feeling and belief more than anything else IMO.

Comment

hard to say certainlly an odd ball my first impresion was an m-42/43 upgrade but its obviouslly not i think the angle of the pics makes the visor seam very large like a giant duck bill would need to have in hand to get a better feel,so many bergmutze and they are all different in some way i think the insignia might be ok but it looks reapplied to me with out it being in hand hard to say
                        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

re

Well Cap,s are not my cup of thea hahahh
                          But the isignia ( I try) is I.M.O a very nice original one
                          This is I.M.O. a brother of these 2 ( not a twin)
                          Attached Files
                          sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

re

Originally posted by JOHN VD HEIJDEN View Post
                            Well Cap,s are not my cup of thea hahahh
                            But the isignia ( I try) is I.M.O a very nice original one
                            This is I.M.O. a brother of these 2 ( not a twin)
                            re
                            Attached Files
                            sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Thanks for the interest an comments, I will post some more shots.

This one is actually more worn and threadbare then the pictures show. For most this one would probably have to be held in hand to really judge.

It does not have a stiffener behind the center front seem that I consider as a trait on true berg, on that note I have always felt this one more berg then not based on its characteristics.

The T form is pretty worn down and the top stitch line has separated making a hole All together I always felt it pretty consistent in condition.

Also due to the holes in the grey lining you can see a straw type core that is different ? Anybody have any info on that I would love to hear it.

Thanks again for the comments!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X