No announcement yet.

infantry visor cap with cloth insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only time I would glady consider any cap with alter art insignia would be if it had no holes though the pasteboard/wool for any metal or bullion insignia.

The cap that Jacques posted (and I pray everyday that it's not lost for ever and will turn up) was such a cap. It never had any other insignia on it in it's life.

Comment

there is no holes on the inside that I can see. but there are too many questions so i will send it back

Comment

Before you send it back, look very hard at the pasteboard inside the cap and all the way around, not just in the front. If there are NO holes at all and the stitching looks original, you have an NCO's cap with alter art insignia, a very rare animal.

Comment

hallo schonbeck

This time, I'm with Kreager, ApathyL and Jacquesf, but, I've to say that Ben's advice is, in my opinion, very sage, seeing that you're sure it doesn't show previous holes. Considered that the pasteboard looks split-up on the right side, what's the price you're asked for it?

Comment

Ciao Marcello! I'm wondering if the pasteboard has been turned around inside the cap, I hope not.

Comment

Ciao Ben

I have the impression to see (pic n. 2) a small hole on the left side, but it could be a lack of tissue only.

Comment

Ben what happened to the Panzer cap? Doesn't sound good from what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
                  Ciao Ben

I have the impression to see (pic n. 2) a small hole on the left side, but it could be a lack of tissue only.
                  Sure looks about the correct spot for a chincord button.

Comment

Interesting cap, but would have to agree with Kreager & enorepap comments... would love to see some pics under sweatband at front,side and rear ??

No doubt a contract cap, just not comfortable with application of insignia ,especially cockade looks a little untidy at the top right handside were it looks slightly folded. Im sure if period done u would expect to see nice flat application

Also if period applied insignia.. (which i doubt ) look at condition of cap being salty, white infantry piping slightly discoloured, you would expect same if not similar discolouration to white cloth section of oakleafs on wreath/cockade part of insignia in pic 2 ,... 2 different toning of white ...i would expect to see off white discolouration on wreath similar to piping thats why for me seems to be post war applied. (to clean)

Sorry schönbeck my gut feeling just tells me a cap thats been messed with.
                    Last edited by BPA-Paul; 09-30-2009, 08:26 PM.

Comment

i have checked and I still cant see any traces of holes on the inside where the cockade prongs should have gone. Will check further.

On the sides there are holes though, I supposed it ones had a chincord. And that makes it messed with or are there any other ideas?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X