Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-boat visor - white top - rare!

Hello,

today I want to show you the rarest german u-boat officer visor in the world!
    I get this visor direct from the original owner, an "Leutnant zur See" and german u-boat watch officer. I get only the frame with the u-boat emblem. The cover and the eagle are replaced by me, because they are missing.

But before I will tell you the story behind this visor, please answer me the following questions:

In wich country was this visor made and from what u-boat are the emblem? (I know the answers )

Regards,

collani
    Attached Files

Detail 1
    Attached Files

Comment

Detail 2
      Attached Files

Comment

Detail 3
        Attached Files

Comment

Detail 4
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok, if you say so. But what in your opinion makes you think this is real?
            Last edited by R.Beck; 07-08-2009, 04:08 PM.

Comment

First what I can see is the very strange mohairband.
              Did not looks like an regulation one...

Comment

Ok , Ok no more games I promise. Way too many things wrong with this cap. And yes steiner99 the mohair band is like a WW1 Japanes naval cap. Not to mention a Japanese chinstrap?? What a mess!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by R.Beck; 07-08-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Hello Gebirgsjäger,

no more games? Ok, here are some more informations:
                  the visor was not made in europe, you are on the right way, please look at the buttons. And the owner was a former watch officer on board of U 178 and later UIT 24

Here is a photo of him wearing this visor ...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok, Im gonna try and be a nice as possible. The buttons are Japanese, the chinstrap Japanese, the mohair band japanese. The edge is bundes, the top cheesecloth is NOT cheese cloth etc etc etc

That is one sweet white top I must say : )
                    Last edited by R.Beck; 07-08-2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

and some more photos from inside...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by collani View Post
                        and some more photos from inside...
                        Are you trying to make the conection from Japan? Are you saying that it was made there??

I guess anything in life is possible. As long as your happy with it that is all that's important. Take care friend

Comment

Hello Gebirgsjäger

that´s it. Yes, this visor is a 100% original WW2 piece and was made in japan for the german u-boat officers of the so called "monsun" u-boats. I think it was the only one that still exist today.

The owner was the second watch officer on board of UIT 24 (cdr. Oblt. zur See Heinrich Pahls, left on the photo in Kobe). The Leutnant zur See arrives with U 178 (cdr. Dommes) in Penang in october 1943. I know him very well and get this visor for around seven years direct from him with a lot of documents, photos and awards. It´s so sad that he dies last year. This visor is one of the highlights of my "monsun-u-boat" collection!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Great item..very cool to have overseas port of call made items and with FOTO of owner wearing it.!!. I guess some of the service was u supply milch cows OR they took allied tires as booty from sunk enemy ships for use back home.. Congrats!!
                            Billbert

Comment

Hello Billbert,

the german (ex italian) u-boats UIT 23, UIT 24 and UIT 25 are used to transport supplys from japan to the german naval bases in Penang, Shonan (Singapur), Djakarta and Surabaja.

Here is a photo of the emblem on the tower of UIT 24.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X