No announcement yet.

U-boat visor - white top - rare!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting. Yes please keep this all togther.

Comment

Nice! thanks for letting us know

Comment

Hello together,

thank you all for the friendly words! When I will visit the US in the future I will ask Gebirgsjäger for the beer

My main interest are the history of the german Monsun boats, so you can be sure that I will never split this grouping. I will post in the next days some other items and photos from this group.

I get this visor eagle also from this Leutnant. What do you think? Maybe also japanese made?

Regards
        Attached Files
        Last edited by collani; 07-09-2009, 04:29 PM.

Comment

back
          Attached Files

Comment

Just when I thought I had seen it all! Gebirgs, you have a killer eye picking out the Japanese components (albeit with a heavy dose of skepticism)

Collani, that has to be one of the most fascinating (and historical) pieces of headgear I have seen here in a while--great score....
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by collani View Post

I get this visor eagle also from this Leutnant. What do you think? Maybe also japanese made?

Regards
              Of course- look at the eagle's slanty eye...

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                Just when I thought I had seen it all! Gebirgs, you have a killer eye picking out the Japanese components (albeit with a heavy dose of skepticism)

Collani, that has to be one of the most fascinating (and historical) pieces of headgear I have seen here in a while--great score....

Yea, I guess I owe collani an apology for flying off the handle. I had bad news that day and took it out on that guy.
                You guys are pretty good telling good from fake and I self appointed myself the Marine expert since Gordon and Michael don't visit here anymore.
                Guess I'll lay low for a spell.

Comment

Mind blowing

I love the hat and the history behind it! Any chance of parting with it??

Or maybe the "Jap" eagle??

Cant blame a guy for trying.....

Comment

wow, some great stuff,...you deserve plenty of beers for having these stuff together Good luck on more rare stuff !

Cheers, Les

Comment

Amazing item!
                      Nice to see more from your collection.
                      Congratualations

Svante

www.kriegsmarine.biz

Comment

Thin rice paper backing?

Originally posted by collani View Post
                        back

Comment

Hi,
                          Very nice ,always like it when something not text book proves correct,reminds me of my Gebirgsjager tunic ,that also caused a ripple or two.
                          Merdock

Comment

Most informative thread.

Learned a lot, including a reminder to keep my mouth shut on something new and different.

Good posts.

Comment

A winner for sure , I think a Masterpiece in a collection ! And a great history behind this nice and rare cap

Comment

Uit-24

Hello,

here are some more informations about the history of UIT 24:

The 1060-ton submarine of the "Marcello" Class was commissioned for the Italian Navy as the "Comandante Cappellini" on 23/9/1939. Under this name it operated from Bordeaux as a long-range battle and transport boat. On 9 July 1943, after a transport cruise lasting almost two months, the submarine sailed into the Japanese base at Sabang, Indonesia in Southeast Asia. From there on 13 July it continued on to Singapore (Shonan), where it was seized by the Japanese following Italy´s defection from the Axis on 3 September 1943. On 25 October the boat was banded over to the Kriegsmarine, which put it into service as UIT-24 under Oblt. z.S. Heinrich Pahls.
                                UIT-24 was attached to the 12th Submarine Flotilla (Bordeaux) until September 1944 and the 33rd Submarine Flotilla (Flensburg) from October 1944 to May 1945. After one combat sortie the boat carried out three transport missions in Southeast Asia. The crew selected an emblem for the boat that suited its principal role. It was an elephant loaded with goods. The boxes on ts back must have symbolized general cargo, while the automobile tires the elephant is swinging with its trunk surely stand for the transport of raw rubber or even completed tires and inner tubes. UIT-24 was surrendered to the Japanese in Kobe on 10/5/1945.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X