EM M34 Infantry cap opinions, Jancke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sean,
    could you clarify one point about janke reproductions.You make note about the last janke repros you handled had TAN(not grey)linings.Are you saying that original overseas caps only have grey linings and that any other colour must be fake.
    Peter van lukacs(WW2 militaria) has several overseas caps at the moment.5 out of the 6 i can remember have the Tan coloured drill lining.All look original.
    Bill Shea has an M34 with a tan coloured lining.That looks good as well.
    Peter Whammond(collectors guild)has had several caps over the years with tan linings.
    I have seen numerous overseas caps with tan linings offered on here for opinions.The majority got the thumbs up.The colour of the lining didnt rate a mention.

So can you please clarify your statement,as saying "Tan as opposed to grey".
    I may be reading it wrong,but thats how i interpret it.

regards keifer

Comment

cap lining

Originally posted by keifer kahn
      Sean,
      could you clarify one point about janke reproductions.You make note about the last janke repros you handled had TAN(not grey)linings.Are you saying that original overseas caps only have grey linings and that any other colour must be fake.
      Peter van lukacs(WW2 militaria) has several overseas caps at the moment.5 out of the 6 i can remember have the Tan coloured drill lining.All look original.
      Bill Shea has an M34 with a tan coloured lining.That looks good as well.
      Peter Whammond(collectors guild)has had several caps over the years with tan linings.
      I have seen numerous overseas caps with tan linings offered on here for opinions.The majority got the thumbs up.The colour of the lining didnt rate a mention.

So can you please clarify your statement,as saying "Tan as opposed to grey".
      I may be reading it wrong,but thats how i interpret it.

regards keifer
      Hi Keifer
      My Fault here for not being specific , I own a feldmutze 34 , 42, and a Bergmutze all are genuine and all have tan linings , the lining cloth I refered to on the Janke caps was very high quality almost like moleskin and a quality ive never encountred on a genuine other ranks cap. When I mentioned GREY linig cloth I was drawing a comparison to Volkberts cap. The tan lining cloth appears on Jankes early Heer tunics too, and once again is superior to the lining encountered on any issue other ranks tunic pre 1939 included.

Hope ive made myself alittle clearer
      Regards
      Sean

Comment

Hi sean,
        Thanks for the clarification and for putting this somewhat novice headgear collector back on track.

You wouldnt believe how many times i freak out of a day,just from interpreting what people write.

I dont freak out in regards to medals and badges anymore but now im starting to delve into headgear ,the "freakout,confusion cycle"starts again

thanks again

regards Keifer

Comment

Originally posted by Volkbert
          Hi fellow collectors. Today I was offered a very nice looking EM M34 cap with white soutache. I want to know what your opinions are. The cap is in very nice condition. The wool is feels a little thick. Inside is a stamp which says Otto Schlientz, Straubing.

I checked this maker and herr Schlientz was know to make political caps. According to Gary Wilkins no military caps with this maker mark are identified. Mr. Wilkins included Otto Schlientz in his book because the maker mark dies of Schlients may be in the possesion of the Jancke firm. Jancke uses this mark on his military caps.

I was wondering if this cap is a Jancke or that we have here a very rare cap!!! Look to the strange way the soutache is applied. It goes through the seam but it stays in the seam.

I am curious what you think about it!!!

It's a little late to resurrect this thread, howver my reason for doing so is the Otto Schlientz, Straubing maker. I owned a Heer Cavalry visor with a maker stamping of this cap maker. It was stamped inside the reverse of the sweatband in a long large script, such: Otto Schlientz, Straubing 1936.

It may be wise to look at any Otto Schlientz heer caps if any turn up and look for this stamping on the reverse of the leather, repros may not have it as the reproduction house may not have been aware of it until I just mentioned it. This cap is on sale at theoldbrigade.co.uk and is a high quality visor. It does not have any markings on the sweat shield area. I always meant to send Garry Wilkins my pic of this marking I still have it in my traded cap section. The visor by the way, is up for £500.00

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X