H.G. Panzer Beret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H.G. Panzer Beret

I am not well versed in Luftwaffe items, but I have read that the first HG panzer troops in late 1938 were issued panzer berets with Luftwaffe insignia on the blue-gray background.

I came across this unique (to me) offering of a panzer beret I had not seen before. It is offered by Oakleaf Militaria Inc., which also just had the SS panzer beret, which is now sold.

I am posting one photo only as I did not get permission to post any, but will risk one and provide a link to the beret. Perhaps I can get permission to post the rest.

It fits the description I have read about the HG berets to a "T". The stitching looks a bit tight, but I have seen plenty of breast eagles sewn the exact same way. It is very well marked with white stamped markings on the oil cloth liner in the crash helmet. Perhaps it can be determined if they are Luft. markings.

Over all it is hard to find fault...except it's incredibly rare...which does not render something bad.

LINK: http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/featured.htm
    Attached Files

I was lead to believe that there was 'considerable discussion' over the authenticity of BeVo Luftwaffe eagles ?

Ian.

Comment

I would say the basic beret is original...For me the insignia is way over-sewn (especially the rosette) and I would say post war replaced.

Glenn
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Beret

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
        I was lead to believe that there was 'considerable discussion' over the authenticity of BeVo Luftwaffe eagles ?

Ian.
        I am not defending this piece, but I have never once seen another bevo eagle like that one anywhere.
        Peter

Comment

All the components may be real.. I ve never seen that eagle on black (meyer bevo style is it not)..BUT I ve never seen a loose flat wre meyer either.. CIRCA 1938.. I do NOT believe a BLACK backed bevo rossette exists till after the black army panzer caps start mass production.. my GUESS is the 1938 GG SPA berets has luft embroidered cap or breast eagle blue or black and puffy emboidered luft cockade or possibily an army bevo wreath..some facts some speculation but JMHO Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
            I am not defending this piece, but I have never once seen another bevo eagle like that one anywhere.
            Peter
            I am with Pete on this. I have seen this beret in hand. The base and tam are for sure original. The eagle is unique. It is on a dark blue backing. I have never seen another like it. The cockade may be a KM one on dark blue too, which certainly existed in 1938. This beret has a long history and was buried in a prominent collection for many many years. It also has some interesting markings on the inside of the base.

Tom

Comment

These are the things 1 foto doesnt say and certainly increases its chances of originality exponentially ...Billbert

Comment

Which unit of the RGG had any armor before 1942?
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Here are the rest of the photos with permission.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X