Originally posted by Barzini View Post
      this one is very interesting !!!!

http://hmc2.pagesperso-orange.fr/en/hall/falconi.html

Comment

Tunic
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

What's the opinion on that second grouping? Seems like the uniform that started this thread and this second grouping are both one lookers, but on opposite sides of the spectrum.

Comment

Love that Lid !

Comment

Does anyone know what happened to the tunic and visor grouping that started this thread?

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Anything involving Skorzeny is tricky. I would need a picture of Him wearing the actual Tunic up for Auction to be convinced. I know there is a ton of documents with this grouping, but spicing up a grouping with Hats and Tunics was not invented last year. Caveat Emptor.
                I have an original newspaper article that I saved from 1975 about his death. I know it is original ...my only original Skorzeny item Now I can't locate the book I stuck it into for safe keeping
                Last edited by Steve in Florida; 10-24-2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                  Does anyone know what happened to the tunic and visor grouping that started this thread?

Don

Don, I saw it on display at the SOS some 5-10 years ago--I think they wanted 65K for it. It was a one-looker fake.

As I understand it, Brant Murphy bought it originally, then it was sold to the late Greg Koepp (who dumped it thru the auction).

Have not seen it pop up since then.
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Brant certainly had his share of turds.

Don

Comment

Skorzeny items are all fake to me because all they rely on is a story. I know that many of his items are still with the family. Some items were bestowed to an organization I'm the US who were keeping the faith and who Skorzeny had been supporting financially. The organization leader, Matt Koehl, was the only American present at his funeral and he received the items after the service. They have remained with the group ever since.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X