Skorzeny's Visors Up for Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skorzeny's Visors Up for Auction

Skorzeny's medals/tunic/visor and NSD-Studentenbund visor are going to be in an upcoming auction.
    Being the political visor geek that I am, I have seen pix of this style visor before, but never in person. There are no period pix of this style in wear.

I have heard from a very reputable source that he first saw one of these hats in the early 70's. I have seen the eagles in person, but never on a hat.

I find it odd that Skorzeny would have owned one of these, given the fact that he would have been long out of the University by the time the Nazis came into power, not to mention the fact that he was in Austria then as well.

Anyone have any 411 on this hat or others like it?
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Here is the Tunic/Visor:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I assume it is supposed to be this same uniform/hat:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Promoted due to re-touching:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

His medal pillow at his funeral (yes, the cuff-title was a fantasy item at the funeral, but it was actually there):
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I'm sure that my question will get lost in the debate as to whether the set is actually Skorzeny's, or is even real, but all I want to know is whether these NSD-Studentenbund visors existed pre-1945, and if so, what "rank" wore them--or are they a fantasy item?
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

i wonder which size is the tunic offered for sale,how many here know he was a king kong

Comment

Hat

Hmm, sure doesn't look lke the same Hat. And that Uniform? This is going to take some serious provenance to sell me. It sure ain't the Tunic in the Foto, the lower lapels are too short.

Comment

I echo besslein's comment. Skorzeny was a huge guy, so big that in the raid to rescue Mussolini, he was provided with the largest Luftwaffe tropical tunic which could be found and it was still at least two sizes too small. He wore it nevertheless and in peiod photos the tight fit can be readily seen.

Ray Zyla of Mohawk has handled some great stuff over the years, so we shouldn't jump too soon on this, but I personally will have to be convinced.

Comment

Tunic is definitely not the one in the pics.

Comment

holy macro

Comment

Do you really think a Sturmbannführer has just one tunic ?!? This tunic for sale can't be the one on the first picture of Skorzeny stonemint posted, because he had the rank of a Hauptsturmführer on that. When are the pics of him taken exactly? Do you have information on that?

Maybe he did not get a new jacket after his promotion, but even my grandfather (Hauptfeldwebel) had two tunics. One better dress with him in Italy and one at home in Germany.

(by the way, my grandfather was assisting Skorzeny with rescuing Mussolini. Sad I can't ask him anymore, if the tunic is legit - he died last year)

Comment

Interesting. I remember seeing this set at a MAX show in St. Louis when I was kid. I'd love to see more detail.
                          Doug

Comment

Skorzeny

Anything involving Skorzeny is tricky. I would need a picture of Him wearing the actual Tunic up for Auction to be convinced. I know there is a ton of documents with this grouping, but spicing up a grouping with Hats and Tunics was not invented last year. Caveat Emptor.

Comment

411 is that the Special wing wop rice on the Chinese menu or some special Police code for the Donut shop is closing ? Rob
                              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X