UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

opinions about this early visor what is it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions about this early visor what is it ?

hello . i,m posting these pic,s for a fellow collector he has this early visor and would like to hear some opinions about it is the ,,waffenfarbe, Panzer ,Art.,or general staff ?? Thanks for looking

Hans

Look like a nice transitional cap, could be faded Art.

Comment

Hello,
      I agree, it is a transitional Reichwehr to Wehrmacht visor cap, with Wehrmacht insignia. I would venture that it is panzer piping.
      Thanks,
      Curtiss

Comment

Looks like panzer on my screen too, but could be faded arty. Not a chance of General Staff IMO.

Comment

I would say Artillery in a light calibre capacity.

Remember the Reichswehr were prohibited from having a Panzer (Armoured) arm under the treaty of Versailles so transitional Panzer

Point 12 of the treaty is as follows:

(12) limitation of Germany's army to 100,000 men with no conscription, no tanks, no heavy artillery, no poison-gas supplies, no aircraft and no airships;

When Germany experimented with tanks it was in secrecy, no point in advertising it with coloured piped caps.

Trying to sell as anything other than Artillery would prove to be difficult in my very humble opinion.

However, I will probably be proved wrong

J T
          Last edited by sturmbannfuhrer; 07-22-2008, 06:21 AM. Reason: add in additional point about tanks

Comment

Nice assesment, makes sense. I was also thinking panzer, but obviously with flawed reasoning and lack of a brainprocess. Jacques

Originally posted by sturmbannfuhrer View Post
            I would say Artillery in a light calibre capacity.

Remember the Reichwehr were prohibited from having a Panzer (Armoured) arm under the treaty of Versailles so transitional Panzer

Point 12 of the treaty is as follows:

(12) limitation of Germany's army to 100,000 men with no conscription, no tanks, no heavy artillery, no poison-gas supplies, no aircraft and no airships;

When Germany experimented with tanks it was in secrecy, no point in advertising it with coloured piped caps.

Trying to sell as anything other than Artillery would prove to be difficult in my very humble opinion.

However, I will probably be proved wrong

J T

Comment

hello friends. thanks for your comments

regards Hans

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X