The "HEAVYWEIGHT" Fakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
    I first recall these popping up in the 80s, and always thought Diebel made them--they are not Jankes or Altestes, and will still fool 90% of collectors.
    Those Mullers are a real pain, I know a few who have fooled big time collectors. When you know the logo on this one shown has a few problems you weed this type out quite easily, keep bringing them on Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by sturmbannfuhrer View Post
      Those Mullers are a real pain, I know a few who have fooled big time collectors. When you know the logo on this one shown has a few problems you weed this type out quite easily, keep bringing them on Chris.
      I agree. Fortunately I own a few real Mullers so I spotted them in a New York second.

Comment

Hi Nick, I just picked up another Muller to go with that Admin I showed you about a year ago, this new one was straight off German Ebay.

A stripped Artillery that was an NCO. I have it for my own collection, so NCO strap and black buttons plus a nice set of metal insignia are on the way.

This is the first NCO Private purchase Muller Heer cap that I have seen. The seller was the grandson. I will post some pics when it is ready.

It is nicely marked with a proper Muller logo.

JT

Comment

Finally found this pic--this is a fake Reichleiter "made" by GAH--note the imitation velvet. IMO, they used all-original insignia on these (except for the SS series):
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
            Finally found this pic--this is a fake Reichleiter "made" by GAH--note the imitation velvet. IMO, they used all-original insignia on these (except for the SS series):
            Actually, no..this party insignia was specially commissioned for James Brown at 'Extra Klasse'. Made in Birmingham no less!

Comment

Robert--I agree, on this one, the insignia is probably repro, or original faded zinc sprayed with gold spray-paint. I have seen fakes of this series with the fire-gilding.

I forgot to mention, these fakes often (but not always) have the "snake eating its tail" piping joinder instead of being abutted or overlapped.

(BTW, has anyone seen a period hat with the snake>tail piping? I never have, but there is always a first time....)
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

"CRIHA" HJ-leaders by this same faker--note the same brushed cotton band instead of black velvet:
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Interior of above CRIHA HJ:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Remember, these are not Jankes. Close up of fake logo:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

and who produced (original) white top SS visor caps?

Comment

who make this fakes??

Comment

This "Diplo" just popped up on Ebay(for $6,500 )--note the exaggerated peak, and the thin brim on either side of the top piping:
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Good work on the insignia, but the piping is the glittery mylar:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Wreath:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Looks like another ersatz s/b:
                                Attached Files
                                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X