Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MG-Freak View Post
    Ok. Very nice hats!!
    But the visor of Wessel proves that it not always has to be an Vulkanfiber visor. I have have my thought of the Cockade. It looks a little too big. Is there an RZM stamp on the back of a DAF cockade?
    Hi,
    The insignia seems good, the cap is sureley a very small size, so the front insignia appear very big.
    Have a look on the visor, seems very big too...
    I don't think it exists fakes of this kind of DAF stuff, too small market, not enought interest of the collectors community and certainly too expensive to produce to be profitable.
    Restored caps, post 1945 caps restored with period insignia, YES, but DAF metal insignia fakes, I don't believe it.

OUPS ...I have just noticed that I spoke about the wrong cap, was speaking about the fisrt posted cap (MG-Freak), not Wessel's...
    But what's the interest to make a fake of a bullion embroidered DAF Werkschar insignia if you have only 5 people in the world who PERHAPS wil buy it ?
    Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 03-30-2008, 08:12 AM.
    Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
    - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Originally posted by Pascal Bernhard View Post
      Hi,
      The insignia seems good, the cap is sureley a very small size, so the front insignia appear very big.
      Have a look on the visor, seems very big too...
      I don't think it exists fakes of this kind of DAF stuff, too small market, not enought interest of the collectors community and certainly too expensive to produce to be profitable.
      Restored caps, post caps restored with period insignias, YES, but DAF metal insignia fakes, I don't believe it.
      That seems logical!

Comment

Here with nice silver & golden embroidered examples...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=226635

Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
        - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Nice ones!
          What is the value of a DAF schirmmütze? I've seen one for $899. Is that a good price? The one I can buy is not that expensive by the way

Comment

First time I've seen separate embroidered DAF visor insignia, and it is interesting to see the difference between the number of strands in the silver and golden cogs...the former has about 3 whereas the gold has 6 or 7. This is the same as mine which makes me sure the insignia is original.
            DAF caps are rare (apart from the 'Festival') but for some reason do not reflect that in the prices they go for.

Comment

I just wanted to add these for reference puposes:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Rons:
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Another nice one:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

There is a very nice true Werkschar for sale on the Headgear forum for a very reasonable price--they are hard to find in this condition, and if I didn't have one already on the way to me, I would be all over it:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Man, that is one thickly-padded crown--rare to see in Political caps:
                      Attached Files
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Interior:
                        Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Arran, can you make out the Hersteller #?
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hi Stonemint,
                            Thanks for adding my cap to this thread. First, I'd like to say that the pics (taken with a borrowed camera) are crappy and don't do the cap justice- it really is pretty close to mint. The maker is "21", for those that are able to decipher the code...

Cheers,
                            Arran.

Comment

Great bullion cap insignia...there is just no comparison when you have a thread with the bullion and metal versions. Thanks for sharing, very educational.

Richard P

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X