No announcement yet.

E-Stand Heer Infantry Officer Visor Hat Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks fo rposting the addiitonal pics, Marc. I would say the sweatband has been resewn or replaced and the liner has been either out of the cap at some point or has been replaced. Notice how some of the pleats look to have been re-folded.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
      Personally, I like the cap. One cannot hold it to German standards. It does look like the s/b was re-sewn.
      I cannot recall what pre-/post-war Dutch military headgear looks like, but I doubt it was a sattelform visor with white piping and a green band. Just another example of a tailoring house trying to survive economically during the occupation--just like the Parisian haberdashers.
      you hit the nail on the head my friend !
      compair this kind of fabrik with Dutch officers jacket wohl / fabric. exaclty the same !

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob Andreasen View Post
        HI
        I am with you on this,.,,it's really starting to annoy me to , no facts, but a lot of "not for me" , bad etc,,, it has turned a lot of nice things into fakes over night.

//Jacob

Jacob,

That is so common on this forum. Lot´s of people stating their opinion without having any knowledge or even the slightest logic to assess a piece like this..

I can not say for sure the cap is bad or not, it is another one which really needs a hands on inspection. Some things speak for it others not, one need to have it in hand to be 100% sure.

Would I buy it from these pictures alone, No. But that does not make it a fake.

Lasse

Comment

Well said, Lasse!

Don

Comment

well said indeed, wise word !

Comment

Sadly true, neither the logic or the experience. SO, what they don't know they make up and damn anyone who dares to question. If one does this new breeed of 24 month experts (most of whom are supposedly expectant authors) brand one as arrogant . Read a few of their posts to see who Is truly arrogant.

In a recent thread a well respected member brought to the table the ONLY information therin drawn from primary sources. This was expalined away and trivialised in defence of one of the biggest loads of self serving bullsh#t It has been my misfortune to read.

What Is It the Americans say? "opinions are like arseh@les everbody has one". If you turn that statement round It Is truer still.

Originally posted by Lasse Kongo View Post

Jacob,

That is so common on this forum. Lot´s of people stating their opinion without having any knowledge or even the slightest logic to assess a piece like this..

I can not say for sure the cap is bad or not, it is another one which really needs a hands on inspection. Some things speak for it others not, one need to have it in hand to be 100% sure.

Would I buy it from these pictures alone, No. But that does not make it a fake.

Lasse

Comment

I believe this kind of forums isn't about opinions. Its about facts.
                Why is this cap no good ? because someone doesn't like it ?
                If I say I don't like you, does that mean you're an A hole ?
                Personaly I give a rats *ss about someones opinion ( not in every way ofcource ).
                lets put it this way.
                Some nice pieces get the thumb down by some "all knowing 24 month collectors".
                A cap like that because almost unsellable ( is this a real english word ? ) because "someone" labels it as a Janke with out even saying why, or give some damn good reasons or examples why this should be a fake.
                We are al here to learn from each others knowlegde, not by others opinions. Opinions are good, but as it come to the determine good or bad its the facts and the facts only...

Comment

Originally posted by Beau Brummel. View Post
                  Sadly true, neither the logic or the experience. SO, what they don't know they make up and damn anyone who dares to question. If one does this new breeed of 24 month experts (most of whom are supposedly expectant authors) brand one as arrogant . Read a few of their posts to see who Is truly arrogant.

In a recent thread a well respected member brought to the table the ONLY information therin drawn from primary sources. This was expalined away and trivialised in defence of one of the biggest loads of self serving bullsh#t It has been my misfortune to read.

What Is It the Americans say? "opinions are like arseh@les everbody has one". If you turn that statement round It Is truer still.
                  I have not commented on this cap because in all honesty I don’t see the problem with it. With that said if you are referring to myself, Stonemint or Dave Kane you have no clue! First off I have spent 18yrs specializing on visors’ only, Stonemint 20+yrs visors only and Dave Kane 40yrs+ visors & RK’s. What are your credentials? By your posts it looks like your focus is British items. So tell me how long and how many hours have you spent studying visors? How many have you owned? How long have you been collecting TR visors? Don’t open your flap trap with nothing to back it up. Come one and show us your advanced knowledge in Third Reich visor caps. I have yet to see you post one single intelligent comment in this section. Guys like us forgot more about visor caps than you have ever known. At least when Lasse and I go at it I know he has the knowledge to back it up.

Comment

Comment

Don't just yap, back it up! Where have you been while we have discussed just about every aspect of visors? Where were you? You have added nothing to this forum so far so continue on.

Comment

Keep it clean please guy's.

Glenn
                        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
                          Don't just yap, back it up! Where have you been while we have discussed just about every aspect of visors? Where were you? You have added nothing to this forum so far so continue on.

In Honesty?

Reading and laughing .

I don't need to prove a thing to you so whinge all you wan't. I am just a moderately knowledgable collector who, over the last 25 plus years, has become fairly confident In his own abilities to tell good from bad. As for pieces owned in this particular field, not many as I collect in a lot of areas. Probably in the realms of 100/120 pieces of all types with visor caps making up perhaps 60% of the total. As I said not that many over the amount of time I have collected but enough to get a little bit of a feel for It.

If I need help I will ask those I respect and trust and whom I know have a proven track record and wealth of knowledge. I rarely use these forums for appraisal purposes for exactly the reasons raised here In this thread.

I become angry when I see arrogant posturing and posing from those whom I perceive, for all their talk of "helping" people, as simply embarking on a campaign of self engrandisement to whatever ends.

If I read you wrongly then I appologise but perhaps your demeanour has coloured my view.

As someone who Is looked up to in certain quaters you should perhaps of had some knowledge of the Panzer Aufklaren should you not? yet even then you didn't relax with the attitude did you. If you really want the plaudits and respect you seem to seek then humility and an ability to admit you have made a mistake (and to lerarn from said mistakes) are a prerequisite.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Beau Brummel. View Post
                            In Honesty?

Reading and laughing .

I don't need to prove a thing to you so whinge all you wan't. I am just a moderately knowledgable collector who, over the last 25 plus years, has become fairly confident In his own abilities to tell good from bad. As for pieces owned in this particular field, not many as I collect in a lot of areas. Probably in the realms of 100/120 pieces of all types with visor caps making up perhaps 60% of the total. As I said not that many over the amount of time I have collected but enough to get a little bit of a feel for It.

If I need help I will ask those I respect and trust and whom I know have a proven track record and wealth of knowledge. I rarely use these forums for appraisal purposes for exactly the reasons raised here In this thread.

I become angry when I see arrogant posturing and posing from those whom I perceive, for all their talk of "helping" people, as simply embarking on a campaign of self engrandisement to whatever ends.

If I read you wrongly then I appologise but perhaps your demeanour has coloured my view.

As someone who Is looked up to in certain quaters you should perhaps of had some knowledge of the Panzer Aufklaren should you not? yet even then you didn't relax with the attitude did you. If you really want the plaudits and respect you seem to seek then humility and an ability to admit you have made a mistake (and to lerarn from said mistakes) are a prerequisite.

Yours, Guy.
                            Anytime you want to use your 25yrs of knowledge constructively and to a conversation or correct something you see as an error please do. Until I see some meaningful contributions in this area your are just another “I have been collecting for 25yrs, there is nothing I can learn” guys. So please take the time and contribute. If you don’t no one here will ever take you seriously. Oh by the way. I don’t think I ever claimed to be a historian on orders of battle. I do know visors though.

Comment

Anytime you want to use your 25yrs of knowledge constructively and to a conversation or correct something you see as an error please do. Until I see some meaningful contributions in this area your are just another “I have been collecting for 25yrs, there is nothing I can learn” guys. So please take the time and contribute. If you don’t no one here will ever take you seriously. Oh by the way. I don’t think I ever claimed to be a historian on orders of battle. I do know visors though.
                              And there you go again .

Do you really think I care weather you and your friends take me seriously, In the real world that means less than nothing .

Who are you to judge me. I would rather stay quiet and stick to the facts I know to be facts than become embroiled in some nebulous arguement that required me to fabricate evidence to save my burgeoning (self percieved) reputation. Hot air dude! Not one of you thanked Derek for his contribution to the crusher thread and his was about the only input of substance.

I will comment as and how I see fit and If that means occassionally attempting to put the brakes on your megalomania and messianic tendencies then so be It.

I agree you obviously know bugger all about order of battle but I would at least have expected you to have gained some familiarity with waffenfarben regulations in your great quest to "know visors". Anyway, that's me, I have said all I intended.

Yours, Guy.

Oh BTW, I never said I couldn't learn. I'm learning all the time, like all of us should be. I have learnt from this very forum, and yes even from you Nick, see I'm not too proud to admit It.

Comment

I never thought I would do this!

But I have to stick up for Nick here, I think he gets undeserved critic. It is one thing discussing aspects of a visorcap or construction and to get heated about what is wrong or not. But I think Nick is honest in everything he posts on the forum with no hidden agendas. He does as most of the rest of us as good as he can!

Maybee he is not right all the time

But who is that except me

Lasse

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X