E-Stand Heer Infantry Officer Visor Hat Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Stand Heer Infantry Officer Visor Hat Opinions

As requested,thoughts on this one please.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=279935

Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

I'm no expert, but i'm sure i've read that the cockade was never made from black string, which this one looks like it is?

Comment

That cap cloth looks like the shiny stuff that Janke use, I had a crappy Janke once that looked the same, sort of puffy look about material.

I reckon that sweatband has been taken out and replaced to hide the Janke original. I can like anyone looking at it, see big restitch loops around the bottom. I dont like the visor underside, I see these on a lot of Police visors.

In general I wouldnt buy it

Comment

My gut reaction is that the lining has been redone, and poorly at that - the pleats are all over th eplace and non-existant in some areas.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by glassmine View Post
          That cap cloth looks like the shiny stuff that Janke use, I had a crappy Janke once that looked the same, sort of puffy look about material.

I reckon that sweatband has been taken out and replaced to hide the Janke original. I can like anyone looking at it, see big restitch loops around the bottom. I dont like the visor underside, I see these on a lot of Police visors.

In general I wouldnt buy it
          its a dutch made hat, not every hat is the same and there can be some differences between makers at the time... nothing wrong with it !

Comment

Originally posted by blackadder View Post
            its a dutch made hat, not every hat is the same and there can be some differences between makers at the time... nothing wrong with it !
            Hi Blackadder,

a good point. If all Dutch made ones look like this I won't be buying one.

Comment

its a good thing that you don't have to buy it but if you have the money you can. hahah. Its not my had so I do not need to defend it and I'm not gonna put a lot of energie in it, I have lots of better things to do
              lets wait what the other guys say about this one...

Comment

Hi Blackadder,

a good point. If all Dutch made ones look like this I won't be buying one.

Hey Glassmine, I think you have hit the nail on the head with that point. I do not remember seeing a Dutch Heer cap before, but I have seen plenty of Janke's looking like that cap's outer material, sort of shiny, slippery trikot, not the rough rugged feel of the wartime originals.

Comment

Hi Sturm,

it was the first thing about it that I saw that hit me. Tooo bad for me or my tiny collection.

cheers glassmine

Comment

Glass, are you basing your view of the material on that Janke crusher you got lumbered with that you brought along to Malvern

Comment

Originally posted by sturmbannfuhrer View Post
                      Glass, are you basing your view of the material on that Janke crusher you got lumbered with that you brought along to Malvern
                      Yes, that was one piece of junk that i got off an auction for little money, got ribbed for that one, but i didnt spend much on it really, just a few hundred. i know it could have been worse

Comment

Yes, that was one piece of junk that i got off an auction for little money, got ribbed for that one, but i didnt spend much on it really, just a few hundred. i know it could have been worse
                        We all learn mate. It's good to know that you didn't spend a fortune on it. I wouldn't bother with this one, there are far, far more nicer Infantry visors on the market that are much better than this thing and don't have open issues that bring about this type of discussion.

all the best JT

Comment

Originally posted by blackadder View Post
                          I agree.....also why bother with so much effort to frank an infantry?

Comment

Originally posted by robertdmountfor View Post
                            I agree.....also why bother with so much effort to frank an infantry?
                            yes exactly ! I agree

Comment

They're reproducing War Merit Medals, so anywhere there's a nickel or 3 Eurocent to be made they'll give it a go! I'm guessing that someone took the guts out of a Dutch cap - maybe even civil - and plopped it in this cap.

Don
                              Last edited by DonC; 03-27-2008, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X