The Superfakes: The Triple Serial #s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good points, NTZ.

When it rains it pours. Here is more proof of the postwar nature of these caps. This is a postwar Vienna-made Austrian cap, stripped of insignia:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Interior--vintage is probably 1960's:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Note the serial #s--same font, and a series of three.

So, we can guess that Breuer was most likely purchasing the s/b's from an Austrian leather supplier, or possibly even Litto himself. I don't recall seeing these #s on postwar BRD headgear.
        I don't normally look at the postwar Austrian stuff, but where there is one, there are many....
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thank you Chris for the update. Very interesting images.

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
            This is the problem around here and in the hobby. You have guys that will argue points right or wrong which is great that is how we all learn but then you have those that hide behind the scene bitching about how those idiots Dave Kane, Stonemint and NTZ, etc are wrong. I think a lot of that is the inability to learn due to arrogance and in part the protection of ones own assets. (good or bad). Personally I never ran across one of these until stonemint contacted me. I listened to the evidence (Bob Hritz was a major part of this) and I am now 1000% sure these are post war. If I ever handled one I am sure I would have came to the same conclusion but it was a good learning experience. Some of the guys shooting you these emails need to check the ego at the door and learn a little. You can wish something real all you want but it is what it is. Maybe one of these guys would like to participate and plead a case for originality. That is what makes the forum work.

Wait a bloody damn min.!!!! Why am I listed first????????
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
              I wanted to step in and say that I didn't mean to use the word "odd". Unusual or obscure is a better word. I did not mean to sound like I was looking down on anything. All original hats are beautiful. I have a totally stone mint DAF em hat that I really like.
              Peter
              Bit confused here, you have a mint DAF, but above you say you have no interest in paramilitary....??

Comment

More of these:
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Raw cardboard instead of pasteboard:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Note only 7 hand-stitched points of the s/b to the visor to the body:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Overhead view:
                      Attached Files
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Generic "Stirndruckfrei" on celluloid. Entire lower s/b is hand-stitched to body--it would never survive actual wear.
                        As I recall, this hat also had 3 seams to the bottom wool (below the sweatband).
                        Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The underside of nsdap visor in post 44 looks alot like the underside of HG's visor in THAT posts number 77 Billbert

Comment

Alteste A-SS Generals. I don't have any under the hood shots, but I guarantee the #s are there. Note the exact same burnt-orange velvet stirdruckfrei system; the polished cotton lining; and the stitching instead of a bow or brad:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I would like to thank Diane of Brandenburg Historica for tipping me off to this--it is a BRD LW visor dated 1964:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Typical postwar Pekuro logo:
                                Attached Files
                                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X