Visors from the Bunker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sellers34 View Post
    Thanks so much everyone for your comments and images. Where else could we have so much info in one place? Maybe this is off topic but I have been hearing for years that Clint Eastwood is a TR collector and has some very impressive items, one is a tunic worn by Goering........
    I didn't know about that. Would be curious to see some pictures

Comment

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I thoroughly enjoyed reading and viewing the photos and comments.

Just an observation that I have come to know after years of reading on the subject and watching all the great documentaries regarding the bunker and Htlers remains. The fact that the Russians treated AH's personal effects with such lack of care or diligence is pretty much on par with how they treated his remains for over 40 years. Hitlers remains were scooped up out of the pit outside the bunker, placed in a wooden ammo crate and buried initially in the grounds of the local Security Police Headquarters and then was exhumed and re-buried as this later well known KGB Colonel (I think he was a Colonel) anyway, everytime he got promoted and moved duty assignments Hitlers remains were dug up and then taken along and re-buried again until the 1970's at which time Moscow directed this officer to cremate whatever was left and dump it. I guess his remains were thrown in a river in East Germany, except for the jaw bone and minor pieces of bone that were collected early on for forensic purposes. This makes sense now that they have determined the skull cap with a bullet hole in it that was thought to be Hitlers, turned out to be a skull cap of a female, so I think the Russians were probably drunk as hell during this 40 year old debacle. Terrible waste of history and our ability to correctly understand it and analize it with modern forensic procedures that are available today that were not available even 10 years ago.

Anyway, thanks again for this great read!!

Raymond

Comment

Incredible thread. Thank you for all the splendid pictures!
        Pieter.
        SUUM CUIQUE ...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          The elusive AH party pin, along with his dentures. I heard that the pin was recently stolen. If anyone has better shots of these hats, please post them here.
          ...that party pin would be the holy grail no ?
          Pieter.
          SUUM CUIQUE ...
          sigpic

Comment

Another pic of AH's visor:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This is also in the uniform archives of russia's federal security service. It is allegedly the uniform and visor of Goebbels. Can't comment on the tunic, but the visor is for Gauleitung and Goebbels was a Reichsleiter, so not his.
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Not one but...

As many, or more correct all, of the the leaders in the third reich - had one or more "private" location / homes - they also had one or more uniform. Per se, there were more than on one NSDAP Member pin pr "head".

If you take A.H. for example, he had a few "homes", and in each of these homes he had tunics prepared for different occasions. Which one did Moscow get/lost?

How many gold membership pins do you think AH have, all in all?

How many did exist, for each nazi leader?
                Last edited by vonLind; 06-24-2015, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I have pics of me in the 80's wearing one of H. Goerings light blue/grey caps and overcoat that a friend of mine once owned. I also took close up pics of the collar tabs, shoulder boards and inside makers label (dated 1941). I still have the pics at home. I was told that they were liberated by a member (captain) of the airborne.

Comment

Thank you for all the splendid pictures!

Thank you for all the splendid pictures!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 40 users online. 0 members and 40 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X