Political s/b summer:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Note early Holters label:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Once again, thanks to Dimas for snagging these pics.
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Incredible!

These have to be the most fantastic photos ever posted on WAF!

Comment

Wonderful and great photos.

Comment

Thank you... Great stuff!

Glenn
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Fantastic great stuff from Dimas. I bet his mailbox will be full.
                  Stonemint, many thanks for posting those great pics.

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                    Single-breasted summer tunic:
                    Hi,
                    So Hitler wore 3 awards on these early tunics ,yet mainly you see him with just a Ic1,why the change?
                    Mark
                    Last edited by merdock; 07-14-2011, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Gold Party Badge, EK1, Black Wound Badge. I believe he wore all three pretty frequently.

Comment

Good pictures, but they have been around a loooong time.

Comment

Thanks for posting these pics; they may "have been around a loooong time", but thanks to Stonemint, they are now easily accessible in the one thread.

The 'early' Holters label on the white tunic seems to have been in use between 1935 & 1937, when it was changed to show the Tauentzienstr. address. Holters-Uniformen is believed to have moved premises at some time during 1937 which could explain the deleting of the Wilhelmstr. address on this label and whilst I have seen Holters tunics from this transitional period which have had mismatched labels, I find it quite strange and unprofessional for a top ranking tailor to have just scored out the details like this on a tunic for der Führer himself.

The Holters logo on the inside of the brown cap seems to check out ok for a 2nd. pattern Holters cartouche ie. the face looks right and the lettering looks slightly less professional than the earlier Wilhelmstr. logo (which is normal).

Comment

Thanks to Stonemint and Dimas for these great photos!

I'm really a bit surprised at the quality level of some of these caps, especially the one in Post 51. Same comment about the tunic with the crossed-out label. I'm sure they are quite real, but really a good lesson that what we would expect is not always what really happened.

Comment

You can see where he has clipped his fountain pen inside and over time snagged the German national tailors label.

Comment

Originally posted by zitadelle1 View Post
                                You can see where he has clipped his fountain pen inside and over time snagged the German national tailors label.
                                That would be one helluva strange place to be carrying a fountain pen!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X