No announcement yet.

Visors from the Bunker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im curious what's going on with the browning(?) on all the tunics. Is this some uniform-type of damage from them all being stored together?
    ------------------------------------------------
    Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty1418 View Post
      Im curious what's going on with the browning(?) on all the tunics. Is this some uniform-type of damage from them all being stored together?
      Its fire damage from 1945!

Comment

Originally posted by J C Gray View Post
        That would be one helluva strange place to be carrying a fountain pen!
        the label is stitched under the inside upper pocket seam

Comment

Oooh, I'd first scrub these tunics with mild soap and a hard brush, then put some bleach on the spots, cullit bang, maybe some fine sand paper and then take them to the dry cleaners, ..
          The labels might suffer a bit though ..

Jos.

Comment

This thread is simply incredible. A huge thanks to all who have contributed.

Regards,

Kyle

Comment

Excellent thread with impressive pictures! Simply amazing to see!

Mark

Comment

I saw the white Hitler tunic in 2000 at the Army Museum in Moscow. For an extra fee, we were taken downstairs and shown this tunic and some Goering uniforms that were in a closet. I imagine they're still there?

Comment

Originally posted by Vaughn O. View Post
                  I saw the white Hitler tunic in 2000 at the Army Museum in Moscow. For an extra fee, we were taken downstairs and shown this tunic and some Goering uniforms that were in a closet. I imagine they're still there?

Vaughn--did you take any pics?
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately I did not. I had a video camera and the other three guys had still cameras but we weren't allowed to take pictures. The whole thing was treated as though we were seeing some Russian top secrets. I'm not sure how our tour guide managed to get this visit arranged but it certainly wasn't part of the regular ticket price.

Vaughn

Comment

Thanks so much everyone for your comments and images. Where else could we have so much info in one place? Maybe this is off topic but I have been hearing for years that Clint Eastwood is a TR collector and has some very impressive items, one is a tunic worn by Goering........

Comment

Fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by zitadelle1 View Post
                          You can see where he has clipped his fountain pen inside and over time snagged the German national tailors label.
                          Your foolish.

Comment

Lets not forget Bob colemans Hitler tunic,its in teh nicest shape of all of these,got it from a show for 500$ I believe .The dealer thought it was just a regular NSDAp tunic.He got it from a little old lady in Syracuse NY.The label reads Reichschancellor Hitler.Its here somewhere on the forum.

Comment

Great thread. Some pictures I had never seen before. Great stuff. Not sure how I missed this one first go round.

Comment

one of the best threads i have seen on the forum

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X