No announcement yet.

Visors from the Bunker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not from the Bunker, but found at Rosenberg's residence in Berlin.

For your viewing enjoyment, the actual Alfred Rosenberg Visor by Erel (credit to Dimas, again):
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Very rare to see direct-application embroidery, even on Erels:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Wreath is on velvet:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Privat, of course (and in this case, it truly was private-purchase):
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I will be so bold to presume this is the same hat being worn by Rosenberg as part of his new RMBO uniform:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Best period pic of the interior of the immediate pre-war AH visor (April 1939). Hard to tell, but this may have been unmarked:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                Not from the Bunker, but found at Rosenberg's residence in Berlin.

For your viewing enjoyment, the actual Alfred Rosenberg Visor by Erel (credit to Dimas, again):

That my friend is a true work of art! Stunning

Comment

The Rosenberg cap does look like the one in the period photo--the eagle appears slightly crooked in both photos, with the left wing being slightly closer to the top edge piping than the right.
                  Fantastic photos! Thanks Dimas!
                  This thread should be pinned.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Stonemint and DIMAS,

Thank you very much for this amazing color photos of these extreamly rare and unique pieces of headgear, specialy the A.H. which is my personal belive that is the first time they have been photographed in detail and in color after 1945!!! The first A.H. visor is the same that was in the briefcase with the two tunics shown in the video at the rusioan archives and put in display for the fetured documentary, you can see that appart from the partial defortmation of the leather visor, the lower white piping show the same deformation line as the video clip, it seem it was "shaped/formed" for the pictures, the other hats seem to have a better and more proper storage and look to be in quite good shape.

Must say that DIMAS must have EXTREAMLY GOOD contacts at the Russian archives, he has posted very good color photos of the A.H. tunics including tailor/name tag detail in another forum, another great contribution in the visual archives of WW2 historical items, I for one thank him as well as STONEMINT for sharing these current visual records of these extreanly rare and elusive item.

Comment

That's a nice thread. Those caps worth for sure some nice $$$$$$ but to me they shouldn't be offered for sale but stay in a museum.

Comment

Originally posted by Federico Perez View Post
                        Stonemint and DIMAS,

Thank you very much for this amazing color photos of these extreamly rare and unique pieces of headgear, specialy the A.H. which is my personal belive that is the first time they have been photographed in detail and in color after 1945!!! The first A.H. visor is the same that was in the briefcase with the two tunics shown in the video at the rusioan archives and put in display for the fetured documentary, you can see that appart from the partial defortmation of the leather visor, the lower white piping show the same deformation line as the video clip, it seem it was "shaped/formed" for the pictures, the other hats seem to have a better and more proper storage and look to be in quite good shape.

Must say that DIMAS must have EXTREAMLY GOOD contacts at the Russian archives, he has posted very good color photos of the A.H. tunics including tailor/name tag detail in another forum, another great contribution in the visual archives of WW2 historical items, I for one thank him as well as STONEMINT for sharing these current visual records of these extreanly rare and elusive item.

I agree...Thanks to Stonemint and Dimas,great items....I would really like to see the AH jackets as well.

Glenn
                        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Glenn, thanks to Dimas, your wish is granted:
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Tags for the above AH tunic:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Probably the same tunic as above:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Political s/b tunic:
                                Attached Files
                                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 61 users online. 0 members and 61 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X