No announcement yet.

Visors from the Bunker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

id say the reason they treat his stuff so poorly is cos well its hitlers and as far as they are concerned it doesnt deserve to be treated with respect!!!!nice pics though!

Comment

Unlike Goering, Hitler didn't throw around money and he was unconcerned with his own fashion. I am positive that he didn't care if the uniforms were from the late 30's or not and he probably kept them in excellent shape.

The amazing thing to me about all this is that NO ONE from the Soviet High Command had a sense of history. No illiterate privates from the steppes should have been allowed to set ONE FOOT in there. It should have been intelligence officers only, and they should have carefully removed and stored all of the major items, and taken care not to let the bunker flood.

The fact that is was ransacked is a crime...

Mike

Comment

Retrospectively, yes perhaps a crime, but I doubt very seriously that in April 1945 it would have been much of anything. The Soviets pillaged many homes and buildings on their way into Berlin, why would the Reichstag be any different. I am sure they were more concerned about MAKING history, then preserving it at that moment.

Comment

That's my point Suber... the common soldiers should not have been let in. Somebody with a little perspective from the High Command should have mandated that the Bunker is off limits to the rank and file.

Comment

with

With 20 million plus killed from their nation, .. I don't think a peaked cap of their enemies leader would have been of little interest to them !

Gary J.

Originally posted by sdkfz247 View Post
            Unlike Goering, Hitler didn't throw around money and he was unconcerned with his own fashion. I am positive that he didn't care if the uniforms were from the late 30's or not and he probably kept them in excellent shape.

The amazing thing to me about all this is that NO ONE from the Soviet High Command had a sense of history. No illiterate privates from the steppes should have been allowed to set ONE FOOT in there. It should have been intelligence officers only, and they should have carefully removed and stored all of the major items, and taken care not to let the bunker flood.

The fact that is was ransacked is a crime...

Mike

Comment

Anyone care to speculate?

What would the value be of Hitler's wartime visor cap, in excellent condition? Surely the wartime version is rarer than the pre-war political types. I have seen photos of those in private collections (I believe one was Wolfe-Hardin), but never a watime example. Perhaps the ultimate TR collectible?

Comment

I presume Hitler had alot of clothing and not just military, does any of this 'civilian' clothing still exist?

Also i should imagine the russian troops going into the bunker, would be like US marines going into Saddams palaces and taking things, at the time no-one would think any of it would be worth much to collectors in the future. Probably it would have been something to show off to your mates with, or even destroy due to the links with someone hated so much.

Comment

q

a mate of mine has a pair of hitlers reading specticles and case ,and one of eva b suitcase +personal comb mirror,brush

Comment

I remember a tv news story from many years ago (possibly mid 90's) of one of Hitlers caps going up for auction in London, and with a reservation price of £25,000 it went unsold!

Comment

there are probably loads of hitler uniforms around, but in the hands of rich people and in very private collections.

Also, there must be some tons of nice TR souvenirs in Russia..

Comment

Originally posted by Steinar View Post
                        there are probably loads of hitler uniforms around, but in the hands of rich people and in very private collections.

Not that private!
                        Go to post 45 through Post 59 (page 3-4) here:
                        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=reichskanzler

Comment

The reason why no one is allowed a close up look at the Russians Hitler gear is that they sold the originals a long time ago and the stuff they have now is reproduction imo .Rob
                          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

This was just posted on the photo forum, although the locale is apparently unknown. Perhaps the Vorbunker? Lichterfelde? Who knows, but one of my new favorite pics:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Billbert

Comment

That is a great pic. I wonder if he is picking out the one he plans on taking home with him, lol.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 48 users online. 0 members and 48 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X