No announcement yet.

Visors from the Bunker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of curiosity, has anyone any thoughts as to who removed the eagle from the SS cap pictured in the time life photo?, the original owner, accepting that the TR was over?, the photographer, or a disgusted soviet soldier who first entered the bunker.

regards

edit, a link to a posting on AHF showing a drawing by a soviet soldier i the bunker, same desk and hat?

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...=asc&start=120
    Last edited by dmytro; 02-03-2008, 06:18 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Originally posted by dmytro View Post
      Out of curiosity, has anyone any thoughts as to who removed the eagle from the SS cap pictured in the time life photo?, the original owner, accepting that the TR was over?, the photographer, or a disgusted soviet soldier who first entered the bunker.

regards

edit, a link to a posting on AHF showing a drawing by a soviet soldier i the bunker, same desk and hat?

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...=asc&start=120
      thanks for the link from axis forum,great photos

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
        thanks for the link from axis forum,great photos
        no problem

regards

Comment

Actualy the rusians have 3 tunics wich belong to Hitler, the other one have light fire damage in one side. This one is pictured in the Time-life series HISTORY OF THE THIRD REICH. I had the oportunity to view take pictures and touch one of Hitler brownshirts wich is located in a very famous collection in the USA, a magnificent piece of history, the best part is....I rework and painted the display mannequin of Hitler for the collector.

Fred

Comment

Here are the 3 tunics Frederico is talking about. They are all fire-damaged from when the SS tried to set the bunker aflame. The first is Hitler's brown Party tunic:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Label--Holters
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Single-breasted summer tunic:
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Reverse:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Label:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

White double-breasted summer tunic:
                      Attached Files
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Holters again:
                        Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

What I find surprising is that these tunics were even with him in Berlin, as they are his pre-war tunics. Obviously, he would have been cremated in his double-breasted wartime tunic, but I would have expected more of those to have survived. The visor depicted in this thread does match the wartime tunic, however....
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I saw an exhibit several years ago in San Diego of a lot of rare items that the Russians had. There was what appears to be the same fire damaged brown tunic in a recreation of Hitlers office. The tunic was wadded up and thrown on the floor.

Comment

If anyone has better pics of the visors (with interior shots) I would love to see them. I heard a rumor they were stolen in the last year, however....
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                                What I find surprising is that these tunics were even with him in Berlin, as they are his pre-war tunics. Obviously, he would have been cremated in his double-breasted wartime tunic, but I would have expected more of those to have survived. The visor depicted in this thread does match the wartime tunic, however....
                                LIKELY, THE TUNICS WERE KEPT IN HITLERS QUARTERS IN BERLIN. WHEN HITLER MOVED TO THE BUNKER, AN ORDER WAS ISSUED TO MOVE HIS PERSONAL CLOTHING ALSO. I AM SURE THERE WAS NO DISTINCTION GIVEN BETWEEN HIS NORMAL WARTIME TIUNICS AND THE WHITE AND PREWAR BROWN TUNICS.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X