Visors from the Bunker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visors from the Bunker

This pic was probably taken in the Summer of 45 when the Americans first visited the bunker. The bunker was flooded with water by then. Can't tell if its a General's or not. Makes you wonder--Rattenhubers? Mohnke's? Gunsche's?
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

This is a screen capture from a recent documentary on the death of AH. Believe it or not, the Russians have 2 of Hitler's visors, and both are stored very poorly in suitcases, where they have been flattened:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Close-up of the hat:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The elusive AH party pin, along with his dentures. I heard that the pin was recently stolen. If anyone has better shots of these hats, please post them here.
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

without sounding blastphomous, i would say the russian archives are the holy grail to most of us guys, hate to think of value for one of adolfs caps

Comment

I also saw a documentation on germany TV 1 year ago on. Amazing what the KGB has. There also store the lower jaw of reichsminitser Dr. Göbbels.

Probably one of hitlers caps are up to 1 million worth.

Comment

cap

great pictures, the cap does have the same colours as on other pictures hitler wearing it.
              tonnie

Comment

Fantastic pictures. Surely the Russians should take much better care of the se historical artefacts of world importance. Surely they have experts in conserving these items available to them. They should be stored and conserved in accordance with accepted best practice in the West. It is only when the items are destroyed and ruined beyond repair that there will be an outcry, which will be too late! For a people who spared no expense or expertise in managing to preserve Lenin and Stalin (those nasty commie gits, pah ) this smacks of downright spite.

Folks, why not write to your Russian embassy and ask what measures they are taking to preserve these most important historical artefacts for future generations. I will. Google the address or email them.

regards as ever

David

Comment

David, i agree, much better care should be taken of these items but i would say the problem is that the people who are the current custodians of these items are the opposite to us....they don't value them. They recognize them for what they are, sure, but possibly still view them with contempt and certainly don't see any value....and i don't mean monetary value i mean historical....in them.
                  What was the documentary that these images were captured from?
                  Mark.

Comment

Thanks, Stonemint!

Comment

great thanks for posting

Comment

I did see the show on the History channel and was amazed at how rough these guy's handled Hitler's visor and jacket and other items. Just junk to them I think.

Hard to put a value on his visor and jacket ,but I would not be surprised if it went up for auction that it would be in the several Millions. Of course there are several photos,films of AH wearing these items during war time/pre war.

I think I remember hearing that AH's pre war brownshirt and visor which were found in one of his apartments in Berlin sold for several million USD but I could be mistaken

Glenn
                        Last edited by Glenn McInnes; 02-03-2008, 09:51 AM.
                        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

After AH party pin has been stolen, Russian news said that it was valued $3 million. As I understand they have another AH visor and tunic in prestine condition, I saw it on Russian TV.

Comment

There was a show in Memphis several years back in which alot of the stuff out of Russia was brought in for display. There were Goring and Hitler uniforms as well as a 30' wall of standards. Neither uniform, though, looked to be the quality of what you would expect for two of the top nuts of the TR.

Comment

George Petersen showed me a photo once of him trying on Goering's overcoat. The Russians went nuts!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X