No announcement yet.

SS panzer visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on DanP... you should be applauding the fact I had the balls to call a spade a spade here. Many knowledgeable people won't even POST here anymore because the doofus factor is so high.

NO - I don't want to hear from a 16 year old living in his parents basement. I want to hear from NTZ or Stonemint, or some guy that KNOWS. Anybody that has been around this forum more than a day KNOWS the dumb crap that happens here... I called it out. I refuse to be thought of in a negative light for being honest.

NTZ - the cap won't be coming to me because they want too much for it. They are in that "everything nazi is worth a fortune" mindset. I have been able to score a nice Infantry officer visor, a SD heer or KM helmet and a Panzer Rgt. 15 photo album. Other misc stuff is in boxes that they are digging out and they remember a camo German helmet that they can't find. Hopefully that will turn up and be GOOD!

I just about had a heart attack when they described this cap over the phone and was crushed when they sent the photos.

MB

Comment

"Attitude and approach mean a lot.... "

Oh Dave... the folks with 7,000 posts like you are the ones I EXPECT to be the most exhausted by the doofus factor. You should be buying me a beer for calling it out.

Why post it?

Because EVERYTHING in the collection was real other than this, and I had hoped beyond hope there might be some way... ever felt that about a piece?

No need to answer. We both know it is YES.

All the best - Mike

Comment

BTW, you're welcome for the response.

Perhaps my humble collection is not enough to qualify me to respond...
        Attached Files

Comment

Hey Mike, I appreciate your sincerity, but you have to admit, your approach wasn't very cordial. I just think it's always best to have all folks post if they wish and sort out the mess later, i.e. putting inexperienced collectors on the spot if they post something silly, asking the more knowledgeable guys to elaborate, etc. After all, the cream always rises to the top

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Wright View Post

Drew I think I see more that one chaps in there. Now don't be a hog, share.

Comment

Originally posted by reenactorfest View Post
              "Attitude and approach mean a lot.... "

Oh Dave... the folks with 7,000 posts like you are the ones I EXPECT to be the most exhausted by the doofus factor. You should be buying me a beer for calling it out.

Why post it?

Because EVERYTHING in the collection was real other than this, and I had hoped beyond hope there might be some way... ever felt that about a piece?

No need to answer. We both know it is YES.

All the best - Mike
              Mike, while I don't mind a 'challange' and oft time use scarasm to bring discussion forth, I have found that a 'simple' question brings the best answers......

There are lots of guys (here) with tons of knowledge who RARELY post and then there are PhD's who post BS!! Accept all and draw from all...
              Regards,
              Dave

Comment

Drew - you are a KNOWN stud. No need to even post that pic (but it was savory). Admit you agree with me and go to bed happy.

DanP - of course we could have gone the normal route and said "hey! don't know your arse from a hole in the ground? No problem! Tell me what YOU think!" but lately I have been frustrated by that.

I have had two direct vet pieces lately that were 100% real that got pooped on by stupid kids for 2 pages worth of bandwagon idiocy, only to be saved at the end by real experts that finally found the thread. If you ever want to sell an item, you don't want 2 pages of poo about it - even if it is saved at the last minute by a Kibler kind of guy. Even if you don't want to sell, you still don't want your beloved item disparaged falsely.

The truth is right here... embrace it people....
                Last edited by reenactorfest; 01-17-2008, 11:22 PM.

Comment

BTW: I'm not qualified to respond, that's why I ask. I have 2 crushers (artillery and pionier) and an Admin visor... that's all my visors. I have 14 M34's with soutache, so I can help there. With visors, I call upon the experts.

Mike B.

Comment

Originally posted by reenactorfest View Post
                    Drew - you are a KNOWN stud.
                    That's the best laugh I've had in quite a while

Comment

Drew...thats not enough,you need more. Dont tell me you have a tunic to match each one

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                        Drew...thats not enough,you need more. Dont tell me you have a tunic to match each one
                        John:

At one point in time I came very close. I was missing the piped trousers for my nebelwefer officer parade tunic, a chaplain's uniform and a recruiting/engineer/field police officer's uniform. Other than those, all were complete from head to toe.

I think you know that I sold off many of my german items a few years ago (to include many of the hats in the picture). I'm now down to complete uniforms for a general, gen staff officer, and two infantry officers (an old style tunic and a combat tunic). I still have a few misc. hats, tunics, badges and other items, but not the complete sets I used to have.

I am going to the SOS for the first time in 5 years next month, though. I think I've gotten bit by the bug again!

Regards,

Drew

Comment

5 Years?

"Bitten by the Bug?" Oh, you can be bitten by all kinds of Bugs at the SOS! Most of them are called "Dealers". And do not take American Airlines.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            "Bitten by the Bug?" Oh, you can be bitten by all kinds of Bugs at the SOS! Most of them are called "Dealers". And do not take American Airlines.
                            Don't worry, I'm going through a series of anti-bad dealer shots right now. Kind of like getting immunized before going off to some place with all kinds of wierd diseases. I'll give you a ring on Friday!

Nick: Only one chaplain cap in the group. The one in the upper left corner is nebel.

Regards,

Drew

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Wright View Post

Hi Drew, Nice Table and chairs, sure look nice on my patio......

caps r good tooooooooo

Comment

Another cap that sounded like a dream over the phone, but reality is quite something else...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X