No announcement yet.

Show Your Favorite Hat of 2007!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was my favourite cap in 07 ... but not very long .... just until the day I was told it´s a fake ... too bad.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hmmmmmm...very hard to choose just one, but I might as well make it one thats somewhat different from all the others posted. I am sure some will enjoy it and others won't. Yes...the eagle is on the bottle green background and a little under-sized.

Richard P
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

panzer cap

And I thought you were broke

Comment

Sayle F,

I am now...the cap was just the top part, everything underneath was with it too.

Richard P

Comment

O.K....no one likes a panzer general's overseas cap, how about a Holters panzer officers visor?
              Attached Files

Comment

Or perhaps a named silk-top cavalry crusher?
                Attached Files

Comment

Name and unit.
                  Attached Files

Comment

A silk-top cavalry crusher... I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT, and I think I love it

Comment

Richard, Simply wonderful headgear . Could you post the Holtres logo?..thanks

Comment

Karl,

Here is the Holters logo in mine...very hard to photograph and make out. It also has the rhomboid shape top to the sweat shield as did this other Holters cap with the same logo. I also borrowed the photo of that logo so you get a better idea. Maybe NTZ or Stonemint knows if you don't, which Holters logo is earlier, the embossed type or the black type like yours.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Borrowed photo from an earlier post.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                            Or perhaps a named silk-top cavalry crusher?
                            All great items Richard, but this Cavalry crusher is beyond words. I've always been drawn to the variations and the non "garden variety" examples (hence my war on the term "textbook") this cap is over the top (excuse the pun) with the silk like cap body.

Comment

Another Non Textbook example

The silk topped Altes Model is a neat example of an exotic non text book cap!
                              Well here's another one (not in my collection, but I did view it in 2007 and worth sharing, as its my favorite hat of 2007!!)
                              A LEATHER infantry overseas cap!!! Why not? Would look great with a Leather overcoat!!! Source: on display at the La Gleize museum,Ardennes
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by NickG; 12-31-2007, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Richard,
                                Thanks for posting the Holters logo. As with mine the W50 was there later address. And as Erel used the uninked embossed style logo later on I would think yours is a later style (just a theory). And well I'm at it here's one of my latest favorites. Late war Erel.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Karl S.; 12-31-2007, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X