No announcement yet.

The Ultimate visor cap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, quite a let down. When I saw this thread back to the top, I got all excited, like JoJo the Indian circus boy with a pretty new pet

Comment

Originally posted by Dan P View Post
      Yes, quite a let down. When I saw this thread back to the top, I got all excited, like JoJo the Indian circus boy with a pretty new pet
      Don’t hold your breath. Take a look at all this guys 60 something posts. He is either confrontational, full of BS or both.

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
        Don’t hold your breath. Take a look at all this guys 60 something posts. He is either confrontational, full of BS or both.
        Yeah, I just realized this is the guy who likes and defends warelics, so I won't expect much on the Hitler cap.

Comment

Was'nt there a Hitler cap and limo at the Tropicana in Vegas?
          Snap551

Comment

Don't know about the Hitler cap, but the Hitler car was at the Imperial Palace. I also heard that it was sold or moved to another location.

Comment

I have seen the car in Las Vegas and at the Del Mar fair when it was part of the side show(ya know, with the 'freaks', oddities and what not) There were some mannequins dressed as hitler and an SS driver. All poor quality bogus stuff. There was a Hitler visor with that road show 'WW2 Through Soviet Eyes' laying on the desk. If I remember, Der Fuehrer had a huge melon. Any chance of getting a photo of JoJo The Indian Circus Boy?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Dalton View Post
                Any chance of getting a photo of JoJo The Indian Circus Boy?
                More chance of getting a picture of that than snapshots of a Hitler lid from this poser!

Paul
                Attached Files

Comment

While we are on topic the owner of the Imperial Palace (now deceased) was a hard core Third Reich collector. Maybe a little more that just a collector. It was said he throw dinner parties on Hitler’s birthday and everyone dressed in (original) Third Reich uniforms. My father lives in Vegas and is a retired detective. One of his buddies was the head of security of Imperial Palace back in the day and took us on a tour that the public would never see, his collection. I didn't get a chance to inspect anything but if all real it was one huge!!!! collection.

Comment

Nick:

I had also heard that this guy was a bit "in to it." Do you know what happened to the collection?

Regards,

Drew

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
                    While we are on topic the owner of the Imperial Palace (now deceased) was a hard core Third Reich collector. Maybe a little more that just a collector. It was said he throw dinner parties on Hitler’s birthday and everyone dressed in (original) Third Reich uniforms. My father lives in Vegas and is a retired detective. One of his buddies was the head of security of Imperial Palace back in the day and took us on a tour that the public would never see, his collection. I didn't get a chance to inspect anything but if all real it was one huge!!!! collection.

Comment

He had several 3rd Reich era vehicles on display if I remember. Thanks for the JoJo photo. I always thought he was the 'dog-faced boy'.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Wright View Post
                        Nick:

I had also heard that this guy was a bit "in to it." Do you know what happened to the collection?

Regards,

Drew
                        No, my father was snooping around for me through the buddy that was head of security but it all seemed to vanish. I will tell you this, I seen a lot of high ranking SS, NSDAP and Heer uniforms. All on mannequins

Comment

Around the early to mid 1980s, my friend Willi was called by George Petersen to come over to his shop and take pictures. It was a collection of Hitler memorabilia that was brought back by a man named Sydney Leigh (I think I have that right). Sid was a B-17 Navigator that was shot down. He spent time in Luftstalag 3 (I think). When the Soviets started pushing in, the Germans marched these POWs to Army Camp 7-A, just outside of Munchen. He and another prisoner worked in groups outside the fence and one day the two of them escaped into Munchen and were hidden by the German underground. When Patton's tanks came rolling into town, Sid and his buddy went down to the Braunhaus and helped themselves to goodies. He had one of Hitler's brown shirts with the early political swastika armband, a named pair of brown breeches, a service cap, one of his EK1s and some ceramics --- old beer mug, etc. Willi took good close up pictures of the collection, as well as one of Sid reproducing his pose with wearing the shirt and cap. This stuff was dated before 1936 (I think). George sold it on consignment but I don't remember who bought it or where they lived. I'll have to have Willi break out the pictures and I'll scan them in and display them on here.

Bob

Comment

The owner of the Imperial Palace was Ralph Engelstad. He died in 2002. I think I seen the collection in about 1997 or 98 but I am not 100% sure.

Here you go, this is interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Engelstad

Comment

I see Mr. Mountfor is online now... Another mysterious disappearance of a high-end collection - I wonder where all this stuff goes?

Don

Comment

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
                                ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Lasse

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X