The Ultimate visor cap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ultimate visor cap.

Dear fellow collectors, as a fairly advanced collector of visor caps, uniforms, and Hitler memorabilia I just wanted to share my experience in 1996, at Obersalzberg.
    As an old friend of mine, and a native from the area, I had the chance to 'experience' one of the last remaining visors that once belonged to Adolf Hitler.
    The person in question owns a very nice hotel, and has an old Italian friend who used to rent the 'Bischofsweisen reichschancellery', and indeed he showed me around the inside of that fascinating old building...still had all the old furniture then. Anyway, I digress.....He had the Hitler cap with him, and it was, I can assure you, unmistakable! I took a couple pictures of it with my disposable camera. No makers label inside, but as with the formal 'Bruckmann' silverware, the Fuhrer monogram printed inside in exactly the same configuration.
    Quite an experience I can tell you! Such a shame that those damn ruskies have two others, and fold them in half in an old suitcase!!

So, we are all waiting for some photos!!
    In your shues, I would prepare myself for a lot of critical comments. There is a chance its true but its darn darn.. DARN...slim!

Comment

Not any question of chance.... when you know, you know. of course there are many sceptics in this world, but in the late eighties, mid nineties, the last of the old 'inner circle' of Obersalzberg all felt their hair on the backs of their necks rise after handling 'der Chefs' cap. Where it is now, I can only guess.

Comment

Don’t leave us hanging please post away. If that baby were the real deal it would be the single best post we ever had.

Comment

will try to do that soon, its not of the high quality close up types that are usually on here, but I'm glad to share what I have of course. I once read that Speer, when he had chance, tried on one of his caps, and smiled with mock surprise that it fitted!
          Of course, all his remaining uniforms are, as we know mainly in russian hands, and as such out of anyones reach. My own collection consists of three Bruckmann spoons, 'Fuhrer' headed note paper, three 'Kanzlei Des Fuhrers' plates, Rosenthal 'Wachenfeld' plate, some autographs etc..
          Although a copy of course, I have the very well tailored Hitler tunic worn in the film ' Speer and him'. in 2005, (using all the original Berchtesgaden locations, highly recommended by the way.... ) Far better than the great coat style that 'hero collections' made for Bruno Ganz! Sorry, musnt ramble and bore you all to death!

Comment

I don’t know about anyone else but I will take bad photos over no photos any day.

Comment

AH visor cap

If you look on page 303 of "German War Booty" by Thomas M. Johnson, there is a photo of an AH gold-piped visor cap from the Wolfe-Hardin collection. That book has got to be the TR collector's ultimate dream book. Every time I feel a little jaded I take a look at it & it perks me right up! love]

Comment

Yes Please post pics, you have our attention

Comment

I've heard of this hotel owner/collector, and look forward to seeing the pics...

Comment

Hi

Please post a picture or give us more of the story
                    Very exiting!

Comment

Many thanks for your replies, and , yes Brian, as you say page 303...the early Holters version with 'direct stitched' adler.
                      Have three good visor copies myself, one 1936 type, other two wartime, all with direct stitch emblems (eagle and wreath) Cant stop buying them when I see a good one! All current copies are pretty poor to say the least, including Janke.
                      Was in Berlin last year, and met dear old Rochus Misch, still living in his old wartime house in the Rudow district. The only momento he has is a monogrammed linen napkin. (have one aswell, and the quality.......)
                      He put to bed the theory that any of the Fuhrer's caps were steel reinforced. He told me that Gunsche had one and kept it hidden after the war, it was the one worn on 20th July. (he confirmed that a new uniform, unissued was used just after the attempt on his life, to greet 'I'l Duce'. ps, he was very unhappy with 'Downfall' calling it 'an American fantasy' and that all that shouting did not really happen quite as often or as loud!
                      Will post my picture as soon as I can find a good way to transfer it from the oldish photo....any ideas on the best way for clarity?

Rob.

Comment

Use a goog high res scanner.

Comment

What is with the pics.
                          Show us, please!

Comment

I understand there was a real hitler hat in an eclectic/antiques /museum setting in Atlanta Georgia back in the 70 s... I had no reason to doubt this info from a respected now dead dealer whom handeld it..think the atlanta guy also had some sort of jap mini sub or some other unusual nazi/jap item ...Billbert
                            PS I handled a real Hitler(Holters) Cap and Brownshirt at first Max show in St Louis..A collector doesnt forget or miss an opportunity like that...Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by MadJack View Post
                              What is with the pics.
                              Show us, please!
                              What a let down!

This seems to happen from time to time on this forum. A new fellow comes along with wondrous stories of items he has handled or had in his collection. They promise photos that never seem to materialize.

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X