Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are like a little kid Tony, if your word is not the last, you will cry, well let me tell you this my friend, opinions i respect but i have mine and the cap stays, so lets see what else comes up in the very near future !
    You are showing me one pic, of one overseas cap and trying to tell me because this insignia is not identical to the other one that this is a fake, need no more of your comments, because i have photos, not one that clearly show that this insignia is genuine, if someone doesn't like it or disagrees, fine with me but then i shall keep it, have a nice day, Tony

Comment

Originally posted by TonyS View Post
      You might want to check the answers in this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...68#post2151768
      The Waffen-SS Officers Overseas Cap shown in this thread is genuin, no doubts about it but then the insignia, to be more specific, Tk is not identical and i have seen many TK's that are also not identical to the one shown, so does that make all of them fake, the answer is no, there were differences in minor facial structure which can be clearly visible if you look carefully and compare them and you will see for yourself !
      The line on the forehead is present on many but not all, the line by the right eye can be connected with the eye on some and yet not on all examples, there is a difference in the teeth as well and the grin of the TK is even not identical on all TK's !
      Take a close look of the chin shape, are you telling me that they are all of the same shape, of course not !!!
      On the left side of the crossbones there are also differences depending which TK you are observing !!!
      My final conclusion is that most of the collectors are sceptical to mint headgear, so am i but then opinions are just opinions and one should be carefull when it comes to cap insignia because as you know, there was not only one insignia maker, there were many so lets be reasonable here and not trash one because it doesn't have an identical facial structure to the other !!!
      Take for example the Willi Schumacher collection, did you see all of his overseas caps, well let me tell you something, there are three with totally differnet TK's, are they fake, hell no, case closed because this is getting nowhere, let everybody stick to his opinion and lets move on, many more headgear to come

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarz View Post
        You are like a little kid Tony, if your word is not the last, you will cry, well let me tell you this my friend, opinions i respect but i have mine and the cap stays, so lets see what else comes up in the very near future !
        You are showing me one pic, of one overseas cap and trying to tell me because this insignia is not identical to the other one that this is a fake, need no more of your comments, because i have photos, not one that clearly show that this insignia is genuine, if someone doesn't like it or disagrees, fine with me but then i shall keep it, have a nice day, Tony

Schwarz, I'm not crying as I don't own that fake cap. Thus far, all you have done is thrown insults and sarcasm at me. You have not presented any photos or any other proof to back your opinion.

I have spent my precious time to point out to you what is wrong. I have logically presented my points backed with a photo showing the five types (not one type) of accepted original flatwire skulls as a comparison, and on top of that, you have the opinions of the other respected members of the forum. None of them like it, but you only choose to comment here. You could at least have the courtesy to thank them in the other thread for their opinions even if you don't agree with them.

In spite of all that, you still choose not to believe the insignia is fake and that is your choice, and if you are happy with the cap then that's all that matters.

As for the last word, I don't need that. I'll let the other members who have spoken in the SS Forum have that place of honor.

For those who have not read the thread in the SS Forum here is the link.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=238387
        Last edited by TonyS; 08-31-2007, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Tony, i dont remember insulting you, the only i remember is that you are sticking to some photos and trying to point out how a real TK should look, i have seen many and i do not need you showing me the same , what proof do i need if i know and see based on hundreds of photos and many headgear i have seen previously that there never was and never will be an identical TK in all cases, that is my point and that does not need evidence because it is clearly visible to all with normal eyesight !
          No five photos or one example of a overseas cap will convince in opposite !!!

Comment

Tony, everytime when i plan to buy a piece of headgear i shall consult you, you can be my private Waffen-SS Militaria advisor

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
              Something fishy about the insignia??Billbert
              Maybe just a bad angle but ...
              Bibert, are you so afraid of the others, this was not you original comment, there is a line added and one deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarz View Post
                Tony, everytime when i plan to buy a piece of headgear i shall consult you, you can be my private Waffen-SS Militaria advisor

Now this would be a wise move.

Enjoy your new hat.

Glenn
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X