No announcement yet.

Tram Operator's Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a suggestion. The collecting of civil transport items, and studying old tram systems, is quite a popular hobby. So perhaps an email to one or more of the websites (such as the LRTA) would bring some more info.

http://www.lrta.org/index.html

http://home.wtal.de/bahnfreunde/

http://www.lightrail.de/

Comment

tram uniform

Here's mine. Came with tunic and pants, all matching! Typical older teller style with no chin straps which was common!
      Attached Files

Comment

tunic

Here's the entire ensemble, all in charcoal gray. The pants (not visible here) have pink piping matching the rest. Nick
        Attached Files

Comment

another view

Strassenbahn uniform (light rail) 1930's
          Attached Files

Comment

Nick, now thats what I like to see--something I have never seen before, and a compete ensemble!
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
              Nick, now thats what I like to see--something I have never seen before, and a compete ensemble!

Sure beats all that green stuff (which I like also), something different. My mannequin is wearing a Volkssturm armband now (for that combat look)! I actually read somewhere in a period first hand account that strassenbahn uniforms were being distributed for Volkssturm use in one of the major cities! They used everything! Thanks for the thumbs up! Nick
              PS: I paid 220euros for the set (pants,tunic,cap) unseen, no pictures even...took a gamble and it paid off! Came from a German "housecleaning" (owner deceased I imagine) and was offered to me as a Reichsbahn uniform...at least they had the period right!
              Last edited by NickG; 08-26-2007, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Berlin U-Bahn

Here's a female U-Bahn "schaffnerin" with a cap similar to mine. Note teller shape, Reichsadler and lack of chinstrap like mine, but no cockade wreath....
                Attached Files

Comment

another one

Here's another strassenbahn (tram-light rail) related visor cap in saddle shape,
                  here with the cockade + wreath on the cap, like mine for a strassenbahn Schaffner. Nick
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 08-26-2007, 01:32 AM.

Comment

on a bus

Here's an image of a bus (Omnibusse) uniform
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 08-26-2007, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Hamburg

The previous pictures (all borrowed from Ullsteinbild, they get the credit) are Berlin related. This picture is from Hamburg, September 1944.
                      Note that this cap does not have a ReichsAdler like the Berlin ones, instead its an insignia which appears to be similar to your cap Stonemint! A winged trolley wheel it seems like! Again cockade with wreath, like mine but unlike yours....
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by NickG; 08-26-2007, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Here's a group shot of female personnel, again with the Reichs eagle on the cap...The cap band is clearly in contrasting colors here, like my cap...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by NickG; 08-26-2007, 02:09 AM.

Comment

more tram

Here's another Hamburg image, again it shows somekind of a winged tram wheel ( gear/cogwheel?) cap devise [like yours], appropriate for light rail in cities, but also the Reichsadler was used [like my example]!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by NickG; 08-26-2007, 02:07 AM.

Comment

side view

Here's a side view of the tram cap and uniform, again Hamburg 1944.
                            Clearly no chin strap seen here! These uniforms and caps varied obviously... The female caps all adorned with a winged trolley wheel devise like your cap Stonemint.
                            So there was no uniform look, it depended on the city/municipality it appears, such tramway-bus-subway-light rail uniforms...(some local government run, some even private enterprises, another reason for variations... like you already stated Stonemint... Nick
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by NickG; 08-26-2007, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Ubahn

Here's an U-bahn (subway) employee. Again national eagle and colored cap band, no chin strap
                              Attached Files

Comment

tram conductor 1938

same comment as prior picture
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X