Tram Operator's Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tram Operator's Visor

This is the first Tram Operator's visor I have ever seen. The insignia is common, but I have always seen it on an overseas cap. The trouble with the Trams is that they were one of the few uniformed organisations during the TR for which there was no comprehensive or uniform national dress regulations, and everything was pretty much in the hands of local authorities.

Frontal:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Close-up of the standard tram insignia--I have only seen these in gold:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Yes, that is a water-customs wreath--don't ask me to explain it!:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Piping is a dark blue-gray:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Profile view:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Interior--celluloid label is almost all gone:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

If anyone has any Tram items, thoughts or comments, please post.
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Interesting visor, where do you find all these unusual hats!

Comment

I seem to recall that the Tram insignia should allways have a cut-open swastika in cogwheel.

For me the cap somehow feels like a DRK visor with tram insignia added.

but this is just my opinion

Comment

Ernst, you are correct, now that I think of it--all the tram insignias I have seen did have the separation around the insignia, but this is probably a variant. It is not DRK--it would have gray-white piping. Anyone else have any thoughts on this piping/wool configuration?
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I think it is a total fake, and you should send it to me immediately. I have never seen one like this before. It looks like tram insignia, but without the cut out as said before. Almost looks like a DAF gear wheel insignia on top. I would like to have it for myself. Nice obscure visor.

Comment

I have some tram caps, but not from Germany
                        Love the cap. Can I ask how much something like this would cost ? (Even if it could be found again )

Comment

Thanks for all your comments, guys--but it is not mine, and I am posting to learn more about this obscure organisation and for our general education.

It lacks the characteristics of a BRD visor, and has a celluloid s/s, so I am pretty certain that it is TR, given the wool, construction, and sattel. I did check my references, and there is a picture of this insignia w/o the cut-out cog-wheel, so I am convinced this is just a mfr's variant.

Here is a DDR tram-worker's visor for comparison--really nothing in common at all, with the exception of a gray color and matching top/bands:
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The only thing the DDR Tram hat has in common with the TR one is that both have bands matching the top, and they are both gray, which does lead me to conclude that the TR one is definately tram.
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The TR one towers over the DDR tram--believe it or not, the DDR is a 57, and I am guessing the TR one is a 58!
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X