This Just In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Just In

This KM NCO Visor arrived today. Opinions are welcome.

Mark
    Attached Files

Pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic 3
      Attached Files

Comment

Pic 4
        Attached Files

Comment

Pic 5
          Attached Files

Comment

Pic 6
            Attached Files

Comment

Last Pic
              Attached Files

Comment

I'd be a bit concerned Lt.!
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

Why is that, Dave? What concerns you?

I looked it over and I had a forum member who is knowledgable in KM visors take a look at the pics. No red flags arose.

Do tell

Mark

Comment

ouch..that wreath looks wonky. Very poor crafsmanship. Eagle looks pretty good. The peak looks plastic...what is it? The plastic band should be black. The sweatband looks new. I don't like it...try and get your money back.

Comment

KM visors aren't my strong point, but I'll pitch in my 2 cents.

1. The wreath is not aligned with the eagle--its off-center.
                      2. The stitching of the lining--it is machine-stitched, and not hand stitched down at the bottom.
                      3. The hat is way too mint for me, and I specialize in stonemint unissued visors.
                      4. Clear celluloid band stiffener (if that is what that is) is a first for me with wartime KM visors (yes, they did use celluloid, but I have never seen it like this.)

I'm thinking a re-badged Bundesmarine visor. Run the usual tests.
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Much of the materials and the construction look fine -- but it all looks just too new, especially that sweatband. The plastic under the sweatband looks fine to me -- though it does look too new.
                        Can you give a close up of the visor? Does it have any scoring across the top of it?
                        Eagle looks good -- I don't really like the wreath myself.
                        Is it a removable top? If so, what does the underside look like? (Removable top would explain why the eagle and wreath don't necessarily line up.)

Comment

Forget the mialignment of the wreath/eagle...get a load of the wreath's embroidery..talk about off center..it's almost cubist.

Comment

Hi Mark -

I know this will sound odd, but even if the cap has been hermetically sealed in an airtight and microbe-free vault for 65 years I would expect to see a little age, especilaly to the leather liner. I do Heer, but if I came acros a Heer visor that looked like this condition-wise I would get nervous. I would love to be proven wrong on this one, but it gives me the willies.

Don

Comment

The use of clear celluloid it's fine with navy visors and Donald duck caps. As for the originality of the cap I would also be a bit skeptical.

Regards,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X