Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green EREL Visor, what is it ?

Hi all,

I just got these two Visors from the same source. The black one is Kyffhäuser, but what organisation is the green one ? It could be Kyffhäuser as well ? But what rank is it then ?

Any input for the cap would be most welcome.

What could I ask for these caps ?

Many thanks Jens
    Last edited by zbv500; 05-02-2007, 10:22 AM.

Last edited by zbv500; 05-02-2007, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

ZBV--I believe the Erel visor is a re-badged forestry visor. Michovius was the #1 Forstdienst distributor during the TR--what is unusual is seeing that this hat was made by Erel--most of their hats with their logo were made by Schellenberg, so I would consider the hat to be rare in that sense. Kent Berg of Relics of the Reich (he is also a member of the WAF) is the forestry expert, so I would run it by him. The hat, IMHO, is original.
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hi Stonemint,

thanks for your coments I had a feeling about forestry as well because of the chincord. After cheking the inner sweatband it does look like there was another insignia on the hat once.

How should the correct forestry insignia look like ?

Many thanks for taking the time.

Jens

Comment

Maybe a period reutilization of headgear after ww2 by an individual for veterans association...UNIQUE..But as said before 1945 it was german foresty..Billbert

Comment

Now with the leather bill you can make it a landzoll CUSTOMS crusher ..Billbert

Comment

Michovius

Die Firma Michovius war eine bedeutende Textil-, Kleidungs-, und Uniformenfabrik in Cottbus, also im suedlichen Brandenburg/ in der Lausitz, nahe dem Spreewald. Cottbus war auch eine bedeutende Garnisonstadt aus der preussischen Zeit, wobei Textilproduktion gehoerte zu den Ur-preussischen Industrienzweigen seit der Zeit von Friedrich Wilhlem I. Zur Firma selber gibt es einschlaegige Informationen im Internet aus der hiesigen Stadt- und Gewerbemuseum. Darunter befindet sich intressantes Werbematerial sowie schoene, wertvolle Stoffproben fuer zivile Mode. Beruehmt ist aucht diese Gegend wegen der Braunkohlenbergbau, besonders zu DDR Zeiten, aber auch im III. Reich. Man soll beachten, dass manche Sammlerweisheiten nicht immer die ganze Wahrheit beinhalten.

schoene Gruesse, Srdecne zdravi, Jhr Woelfl Slovensko
                          Last edited by Woelfl; 04-11-2007, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Woelfl, I wish you spoke fluent English--it looks like you have a lot of knowledge to share--I can semi-understand it, but could one of out Deutsche members translate it (Ernst? Albert?)

Anyway, ZBV, my Forstdienst visor has a bullion wreath and velvet band, whereas yours should have (I believe) bullion insignia.
                            Anyway, here's mine (if anyone has a Forestry with metal insignia, please post):
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

ZBV, I meant to say yours should have a metal wreath/cockade. Anyway, I do like your hats!
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X