Attached Files

Comment

pics 7
          Attached Files

Comment

pics 8
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to do a great TR book. Books about the TR are expensive, and it's good to see one where you are getting your money's worth in the great color photos.

Comment

Some is missing

Comment

Headgear books with just large pictures and almost no texts are useless.

I call them collector/authors moneymakers.

Comment

Originally posted by PZKG View Post

I totally disagree--they are excellent resource material for discerning characteristics of wartime headgear.

The books complement each other--you cannot rely on just one.
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

PZKG, I don't know if you have our book in your possession, but I doubt you have read it through properly. Many books regarding cloth headgear have both text and pictures, some of them small pictures, but with excellent theoretically describing text. Others have lot of pictures and with less text.
                      In our example I have stated in the introduction part we choosed to use large excellent pictures in stead of text and refers to excellent cloth headgear books which have described the theory throughly enough. Why making a book with lot of text when other authors have done it already almost perfectly?
                      No text ?? We have following text which describes the each visor cap enough. We had other authors writing forword and editing and they said it wasn't necessary to write more than we already did. Almost all our readers are blown away by the close-ups and and showing caps in all angles and with right colors. That's the main reason to make this PICTURE book, to show caps with excellent and large photos which haven't been done in the same throughly way before.
                      My advice to you is to study our book througly and study the other books by other authors. If you don't like our book, why can't you make your own contribution in terms of words and (pictures) in your own book?
                      Try it and good luck, because, bookmaking is a hard no-earning money task, ask the other authors about that.

Jan Meland

Comment

Good for you Jan,

Nothing in there that is new for me though, and please learn how to place propper ribbon bars on uniforms.
                        You seem to think I am a newbie that needs close up pictures of things I have handled enough of to see these things myself.

Next time if you need help with decorations just say so, I know Norway is struggling with this after Jan Arne died, but that is just because you seem to think it is ok to be great at only one thing here!
                        Jan Arve learned together with me btw.

And finaly the way you peddle and advice other people to buy your orn book is an embarrasment

Headgear books should look like Scott Prittchets wrapper books, just with headgear.
                        Or Dietrichs decorations books just with headgear.

That is my honest opinion!

Mads

Comment

Good for you Jan,

Nothing in there that is new for me though, and please learn how to place propper ribbon bars on uniforms.
                          You seem to think I am a newbie that needs close up pictures of things I have handled enough of to see these things myself.

Next time if you need help with decorations just say so, I know Norway is struggling with this after Jan Arne died, but that is just because you seem to think it is ok to be great at only one thing here!
                          Jan Arve learned together with me btw.

And finaly the way you peddle and advice other people to buy your orn book is an embarrasment

Headgear books should look like Scott Prittchets wrapper books, just with headgear.
                          Or Dietrichs decorations books just with headgear.

That is my honest opinion!

Mads
                          Mads.
                          The book is about visors and not ribbon bars and awards. The other things there are just purely to spice up the book. Glad to hear you knew Jan Arve, he was a major collector and specialized in awards among other TR items. Why you are mention him is in this discussion about the visor book is not understandable.
                          Well, from your writings I can see you don't know nothing about making pictures, making layout and specially not promoting and selling books. It is necessary to quote reviews from others and write some words to make our book known, because it is hard to sell books despite they are of top quality. I know it and other authors know it. What is your contribution to the cloth headgear society? To make harsh critics to other collectors who try to make an effort? Come on!
                          Glad you mentinated Dietrich Maerz, I have personally met him and he has studied my books and like them. It was not his style he said, but he liked the picture work and the presentation. That's enough for me. To have a serious review from a known author than people in forums who has no clue about making books.
                          The book has already found 400 buyers and I believe we can sell a couple more and I trust the buyers meaning than yours.
                          Jan

Comment

In my opinion one of the best in the marchet

Carlo

Comment

Originally posted by solo View Post
                              In my opinion one of the best in the marchet

Carlo
                              I agree, definitley one of the better books.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X