Best books on TR visors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
    These 2 books are in French, but I like the layout and graphic design of them:
    This is a superb book, well laid out and beautifully presented.

Comment

I think it is Tom Shutt's work also, the three dvd set of revolving caps on stands. I have these squirelled away somewhere, excellent material.

Comment

Originally posted by sturmbannfuhrer View Post
        I think it is Tom Shutt's work also, the three dvd set of revolving caps on stands. I have these squirelled away somewhere, excellent material.

JT is that you? Where you been for the past 5 years?!
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          JT is that you? Where you been for the past 5 years?!
          It's good to have JT back on the forum.

Comment

This book came out in the last few years.
            It is in German & english, and the pics are in color, and has a good layout.
            However, it is not in-depth, and not enough interior shots are shown:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Like that chaplain cap on the cover.

Comment

I don't know how I forgot probably the most amazing headgear book in recent memory, and by our own Turbo & Jan: "Heer and SS Visor Caps and Uniforms"

The format is so big, it does not even fit on my bookshelf (which is why I missed it when I was looking at my books!)

The pictures are literally full-size (or larger) and in glorious color--no expense was spared in the production of this book. Also, it has detailed interior photos of each visor (even some under the hood shots!)

You wont go wrong with this heavyweight (literally & figuratively!)
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

hi

Hi All
                  Thanks Chris

Heres 2 photos very small here on waf , i minimailisit myebe i did wrong.

Books still avaible

Best regards
                  Trond
                  Attached Files

Comment

1 and remember that photos i post now is from our study and workshop,myebe not same as in the book, wee take probably more then 10 000 photos too get it correct
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

3 last photos
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to turbopanzer & stonemint for posting these latest additions to the thread.

Comment

Hello.
                            I'm the main author of the "Heer & SS Visor Caps & Uniforms". All the books mentionated in this thread are excellent works by professional writers and layout makers. Common for these books is publishment by known publish companies and hence professional photographers (in most cases) and people who works with layout daily. All of them have a mix of photographed caps and period pictures neatly mixed with following text.
                            Our book is self published and distributed by ourself and through Casemate Publishers (made a contract recently). The book is sort of unique in terms of layout and the unusual large close-ups. I guess I have used lot more time to do the photos in our book than photograph works done in the other books mentionated. Our book has maybe a crude layout, but I choosed to do it differently and more focused on large photos than black and white period photos. The unique details with our book are the double page of all known Heer piping colors and the complete Heer Cap section collection own by my co-author Trond Elvan alias Turbopanzer.
                            I hate to bragg to much in favor of our book, but in terms of the photo display of all the beautiful Visor Caps, our book is maybe superior to most of the publish works in this field.
                            Look at provided pictures.

Jan Meland
                            Attached Files

Comment

pics 2
                              Attached Files

Comment

pics 3
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X