CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Presenting...The Bob Coleman Collection 1967-68!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very saddened to hear of Bob's passing. He helped me a number of times, specifically with my father's Japanese sword in how to delicately take apart for further identification. We spoke of visors and buckles (he collected quite a few rare ones). A very proud man who loved history and if you had a minutes he would engage you in wonderful stories of the past.

RIP my friend.

Comment

Very sad news, Bob helped me a lot when I first joined here. J

Comment

Sad news indeed, Bob really was a fountain of knowledge, especially concerning Japanese swords and helped countless people in that area, including myself.

Comment

Big loss to this community

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
            These are the acknowledgements--the only names I recognize are Angolia, the late Bill Stump, and Bob Sevier.

Bob, if you have anything to add (and I know you do!) please do so.

If anyone else wants me to post any other hats from the book, let me know.
            Wow, George Marino of Gettysburg; that is a name I have not heard in a long time. Is his museum still up?

I posted the above without reading the whole thread and realizing Bob had passed. Very sorry to hear

Comment

Sad to hear my deepest condolence to the family....... may he RIP.

Rene Chavez
              www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Liontass View Post
                Wow, George Marino of Gettysburg; that is a name I have not heard in a long time. Is his museum still up?
                I believe his name is Marinos (Greek), I still have a few choice items in my collection from his shop (aka museum) in Gettysburg.

Comment

Marinos it is..quite the character..helped me get my start way back it the day..not many collectors as a teenager had the opportunity to help themselves to a collection of most all of the german infantry weapons on their way to the smelter..during the war..In the US..George did..Billbert

Comment

sad to hear. Always was great to help me with katanas. RIP

Comment

RIP Bob!! Really enjoyed chatting with you at SOS! Hell of a nice guy!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X