No announcement yet.

Reichsbahn RED-TOP Visor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is another angle shot in the sun--these things really light up outside.
    The hat still has its wire-stiffener, which is built-in to the piping. I love the puffiness of the brim of the crown: (BTW, RB hats always have black velvet bands):
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here is the only picture (diagram) of this hat being worn, from Brian L. Davis' classic uniforms book--this hat has the 1941 insignia (these babys deserve to be cover girls!)
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Once again, I hope you all enjoyed your tour (and learned something along the way). If anyone has any pix of these in wear, PLEASE POST!
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Great visor for two reasons. First it is rare as hell. Second I love getting the under the hood shots of civil visors from relatively obscure makers. Civil visors tend to have construction techniques used that were not used on Army, Luft, etc. Every once and a while you will run across an army that use such techniques. It is great to build a reference of all Third Reich construction methods. There was an army visor posted a year or two ago that employed an odd construction method and everyone what giving it a thumbs down saying it was post war West German. I knew it wasn’t because I seen that construction used on an odd civil before. Thanks for showing.

Comment

Really, really nice! You are making a civil cap admirer out of me.
            "Activity! Activity! Speed! I greet you."
            -Napoleon to Massena, advancing on Landshut, April 18, 1809

Comment

Wow! What a great, rare hat. I had one of these in my first collection back in the 60's. It also did not have a chin cord. However, it came wth a set of bronze wire mesh goggles, that were attached to the hat when the vet brought it back. I used to call them cinder goggles thinking they were worn to keep minute particles of dust from the rail bedding from entering the wearer's eyes. The one in my collection was pictured on page 22 in an early reference book "Collectors Guide, German Relics, Supplement 2, Headgear" by Stan Bozich published in 1968. Who Knows? May be the same hat.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, guys--Bob, I had that book back in the 80's--I'll have to go searching for it again.
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here's another red top.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Interior
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Stone,for posting this one,nice visor,and learned again from your tour

Nice one Vaughn,any sign of chin cords on yours?If not,should we assume then that these were made without them?

Comment

Nice cap Stone!
                        Here is mine with chincord.
                        Regards,
                        Gary
                        Attached Files

Comment

black velvet band, gold pebbled buttons
                          Attached Files

Comment

inside with maker
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nice one Gary,thanks,that answers my question

Comment

Very,very nice visor Stone !!!

Regards,

Theo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X