SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your Favorite Wartime Visor Hat Photo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft officers peaked cap, beret style. Bill Bourque
    Attached Files

Comment

Bit of a dumb question, sorry, but why did Hitler always buck the trend with his caps ? He didn't seem to like the high front designs. Was it ever recorded as to why he choose the style of cap he wore ?

Comment

Thsi one was on ebay but unfortunately I lost it to Ernst, a very nice and only picture that I have seen with a police bullion officers peaked cap eagle on a cap other that wasserschutzpolizei
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gary9 View Post
          Thsi one was on ebay but unfortunately I lost it to Ernst, a very nice and only picture that I have seen with a police bullion officers peaked cap eagle on a cap other that wasserschutzpolizei
          Thanks Gary for the credit. Indeed this photograph resides in my collection. I think it is one of the finest Police headgear shot in existance. I am sorry Gary for winning it from you but I had to have this one.

The exciting bit about this photograph is that it shows a Bullion cap eagle in the same size as the standard metal capeagles. Wasserschutzpolizei officers cap eagles (which were in gold-bullion by regulation) are much larger. Of course every bit exciting is the fact that it is worn on a non-wasserschutzpol cap. We will never know why this guy wore this eagle but it is a fine illustration that regulations were not allways followed.

Comment

Gary and Ernst--I can see why you both wanted that pic so much--it is a first for me, and I don't think I have ever seen a bullion polizei for sale or in a collection (aside from WSP), let alone on a visor--you really do learn something new everyday on this forum.

kennyd, regarding your question, I believe it was due to AH trying to appear as a "man of the people"--his uniforms were always quite spartan, and he only displayed his EK, wound-badge, and Gold party badge--he never used collar tabs, shoulder straps, etc--all of his headgear is pretty much tellerform--anyway, somebody had to stand in contrast to Goring!
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The super-rare RKK Propaganda Visor--if anyone has one, plse e-mail me a pic:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

"Girls Gone Postal!:
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

As the resident civil visor geek, I can't get enough of these--here is a DRK Doctor who so loves his schirmmutze he won't even take it off during surgery!:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Not my "favorite" but an interesting photo, nonetheless. The original photo in my collection.

Mike
                    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

I don't have a favourite "visor" photo, but this one impressed me most:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                        As the resident civil visor geek, I can't get enough of these--here is a DRK Doctor who so loves his schirmmutze he won't even take it off during surgery!:
                        That's amazing.

Comment

I got near a scanner for some of mine...

First up, Railway
                          Attached Files

Comment

2nd is Postal and the hands down winner for the most unattractive female in the Third Reich
                            Attached Files

Comment

Luft #1
                              Attached Files

Comment

Luft #2
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X