Comment

knot
      Attached Files

Comment

Good looking cap Carlo!
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

The three strand slider and knot are new to me.
          I heve seen plenty of four and five strand but never a three strand before...
          Just an observation....
          Nice looking cap...

Steve.

Comment

Hi Carlo, the cap is right as rain and I have been proven wrong on the reverse twist cord. As long as the slider is not plastic I think you are ok. I just looked close at the cord. It is fine. It looks to be a cello cord and they were not made post war.

Comment

Textbook early-war Pekuro--my fave. I am always amazed at how many retailers sold Pekuros under there own logo, unlike Erel. (I see another thread in the making....)
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Stonemint I may be wrong but it always has been my understanding that these type visors are not Pekuro’s nor are they Pekuro distributors. They are regular makers that just licensed Peter Kuppers “Stirndruckfrei” sweatband system. I may be wrong but that in it self could be a good thread. I just think the interest would be limited to about three or four of us.

Comment

Nick, I agree--you, me, Bob, and Stubaf!--the ones I have seen all look to have been made by Pekuro with the standard characteristics--"ribbed" lining, same stiffener, etc--Solo, can you post a shot of the lining in the rear of the cap?
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Yes Nick the knot seems to be cardboard covered of cello.
                    So you say this cap made under licenze of Pekuro due the shape and way to make,so "Haas" is a cap factory.
                    Stonemint here a pic of the rear lining
                    Carlo
                    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting--Nick's theory was correct--this lacks the "ribbing" which I find on every Pekuro-made visor--so "Hut Haas" can join the list of manufacturers--nice hat, Solo!
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thanks to all for the compliments

Stonemint,what do you mean for "ribbing"?
                        Can you explain me?
                        Thanks

Carlo

Comment

Solo--it is the ribbing in the lining that extends to the back of the cap. Most hats have an overlapping, pleated lining, while Pekuros are ribbed--see this:
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Now that is a distributor Pekuro.

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
                              Stonemint I may be wrong but it always has been my understanding that these type visors are not Pekuro’s nor are they Pekuro distributors. They are regular makers that just licensed Peter Kuppers “Stirndruckfrei” sweatband system. I may be wrong but that in it self could be a good thread. I just think the interest would be limited to about three or four of us.
                              Nick,
                              You most certainly are wrong........
                              Please go ahead and start a "Stirndruckfrie" sweatband system thread.
                              I can assure you it would be of great interest to all of us that frequent this section of the forum, not just a few.........
                              Some of us may have modest collections but that does not mean we are not eager to learn.....

All the best,
                              Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by stevezz1 View Post
                                Nick,
                                You most certainly are wrong........
                                Please go ahead and start a "Stirndruckfrie" sweatband system thread.
                                I can assure you it would be of great interest to all of us that frequent this section of the forum, not just a few.........
                                Some of us may have modest collections but that does not mean we are not eager to learn.....

All the best,
                                Steve.
                                You got it buddy!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X