No announcement yet.

SS Officer's visor cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my mind, and based on these pics, the "thread 3" Ben has pointed out is sewn way to low to even go throught the leather sweatband... So I don't think the sweatband has been resewn with that "thread 3".
    I will need to verify it when I see the visor in hands...

Kind regards,
    Gerd V

Originally posted by Kreager View Post
    Definetly original holes to this sweatband. Now is the sweatband attached in that area (by the threads Ben pointed out) or is the sweatband loose because it's not attached in this area?

Comment

IMHO it is another Frankenstein. Way too many problems. The lining has two different types of thread and poorly attached. The sweatband is a Pekuro type, which as far as I am aware would have required licensing from Peter Kupper and should have Stirndruckfrei marked on the shield. Fakers love these sweatbands. They are by far the easiest to reattach with limited signs of foul play. On the positive side the exterior looks pretty good sans the insignia. Personally I would not want it, way too many why’s?

Comment

I agree with NTZ.

Gerd, please let us know more when you get it in hand.

Comment

I agree there are more questions than answers under the sweatband - always a bad sign. Is the visor cross-hatched Gerd? I can't tell from the pics. I know I've never seen that maker mark on a fake, but I can't remember if I've ever seen it before on an original either. The lining material itself looks real enough, and properly installed except for the different threads. I think a hands-on is required to determine if the sweatband and visor have been reattached, and possibly the lining too, but at this stage it doesn't look good. IMO the odds are it is another Fronkenshteen but I hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
            The sweatband is a Pekuro type, which as far as I am aware would have required licensing from Peter Kupper and should have Stirndruckfrei marked on the shield.
            Nick, we all missed this, we are glad that the SOS is only once a year. Hope the "fakirs" pakistan!!! don 't pic up on this omission.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X