Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your Obscure Wartime Makers Labels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inside
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
      Ralph and Karl--what to you make out the initials to be? I am going to try to figure this out by a process of elimination.
      Looks like S B W A, I don't know what these stand for??

Comment

Thanks, Karl--I'll go to work on it!

Nick, even upside-down those Argos DO have the plushest doeskin--Argo is first on my list, with "marke standard" a close second
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I believe I may have posted this before but as Argo is the topic of the moment here is an example of one their hats with a watered silk lining. I only recently found out the maker of these hats thanks to the forum. This maker, or perhaps tailor, was situated on the exclusive Wilhelmstrasse in Berlin.
          Derek

Comment

I have an Oscar Jakob, anyone else have one of these.

Comment

Derek--I haven't seen your Argo--do you mind posting it in its own thread? This is truly one of the most underrated makers of the III Reich. The Wilhelmstr. was one of the most exclusive addresses--it also was the home of the Foreign Ministry (and there has to be a Diplo hat out there somewhere with this logo!)
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This is on the e-stand right now (I can't believe it hasn't been snapped up yet!) --a WH artillery officers hat made by HPC, which stands for Hermann Potthoff Coesfeld. You will note they use the term "Frischluft"--"fresh air", which they patented:
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

When you see this logo with "Frischluft" (and the logo has been faked) it should be accompanied by the frischluft system--a series of 6 grommet vent holes (which had to be a lot more effective that Erels system--sorry Erel guys). These hats are rare, to say the least!:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Dear Stonemint,
                    That interior shot was the only picture still sitting on my hard drive. I will get the cap out and take some fresh pictures for you.
                    Derek

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                      When you see this logo with "Frischluft" (and the logo has been faked) it should be accompanied by the frischluft system--a series of 6 grommet vent holes (which had to be a lot more effective that Erels system--sorry Erel guys). These hats are rare, to say the least!:
                      The correct wreath is even rarer.

Comment

I think I hear the need for a "post your Argos" thread--NTZ is right, these have to have the plushest doeskin I have ever seen.
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This maker is from a Kriegs Coastal Artillery visor cap.

Tony
                          Attached Files

Comment

The front of the Coastal Artillery.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone have any information on this maker ???
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Karl S. View Post
                                Does anyone have any information on this maker ???
                                It is an original factory often founded on LW visors.
                                Also I have a NCO flak visor of this factory.
                                Carlo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 42 users online. 0 members and 42 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X