No announcement yet.

Parteigericht visor cap circa early 1936

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, I am 90% sure this is the same Viro/Willy Rohe/Carl Bangert visor pictured in the Shutt book on page p 16.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
      This is an interesting cap likely made during the implementation of the 3rd pattern NSDAP insignia. We see the change from the tellermutze to the stylish saddle shape. Note the 1936 pattern eagle with the head turned to the left. I believe this to be an early unmodified pattern of this eagle. The cap is private purchase marked "Willy Rohe, Koblenz, Schlosstr.45."
      I hate pulling back old leather sweatbands to show the RZM tag. It is present marked Hersteller 1/17

Bob the Eagle looks as it is facing "RIGHT" not left

but a very nice cap though!

greg

Comment

Here is more confusion--a Zapf visor with a Viro logo. I would like to know what Viro's patent was that they had pending--anyone know?
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

PS--Bob, that still is the nicest Form 3 visor I have ever seen....
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Ok, I have a wild theory. Maybe Viro was not a company at all. Maybe VIRO was just an acronym for the patent? It is only found in the form of a small sticker and seems to be used by different makers and/or distributors. It is possible that someone in the industry (maybe even a civilian haberdasher) held a patent with the acronym VIRO?

Comment

hallo my friends

a new mistery like the Hertlein's one...

Well, I think we have some starting points:

- Carl BANGERT was a Mutzen-Fabrik located in KOBLENZ, Stegemannstr. 11;
              - G. ZAPF was a distributor, located in KASSEL, Kolnischestr. 12. He sold visors made by KUTRIKA (KASSEL, Hohenzollernstr. 87); KASSELER MUTZENFABRIK (KASSEL, Kolnischestr. 33); VIRO (?);
              - Willy ROHE was a distributor, located in KOBLENZ, Schlosstr.45.

There is no real evidence (and I have consequently to apologize for my previous mistakes!) that Willy ROHE (WI-RO) = VIRO.

But, we have now two towns and, in my opinion, we have to search at first for an enterprise located in KOBLENZ or KASSEL and led by (or named to) Mister Vi...RO...

Comment

I have found an evidence into my files against my own theory

there was a VIRO distributor also in MAINZ, whose name was Heinrich Hammerlein. Maybe, Nick's theory could be well founded!

Comment

Well, here is evidence Bangert was using the Viro logo going back to at least 1912:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Looks like Bob's cap went across the Atlantic, and is now for sale on the estand--I would almost buy it out of pure sentimentality.....

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=993470
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                      Looks like Bob's cap went across the Atlantic, and is now for sale on the estand--I would almost buy it out of pure sentimentality.....

So is it Parteigericht or Ortsgruppe ?

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                        So is it Parteigericht or Ortsgruppe ?
                        Ortsgruppe.
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Although I am sworn to being a strictly "Heer" kind of guy, I recall seeing quite a few of these at the SOS . . . with two being in near perfect condition - and having such a spectacular sattelform shape, I almost couldn't resist.
                          Fortunate for me, I managed to maintain my will-power.

Comment

Sos

I thought I saw every visor at SOS -- but sure didn't see those.

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X