No announcement yet.

"Deutsche Wertarbeit"--consensus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Pascal, that is the type I have encountered a few times.

Comment

Pascal--thanx for posting--I agree that "Deutsche Wertarbeit" is found on many original TR visors--it's the ones with the specific logo and font that I am concerned about, which is shown on the NSDAP Visor and the Generalstab--I am trying to find an agreed wartime-era example in this particular font and style.
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I Have Never Encountered A Genuine Example With The Logo That Started This Thread. Therefore, The Question Is, Is It A Total Fantasy Or Did The Fakers Copy It Fom An Original Example? My Thoughts Opt For The Firstr Option. I Have Discovered That There Is No Logic To What The Fakers Do. In Some Cases, There Logic Is Reverse To Confuse Us Poor Collectors.

Comment

Thanks for your input, Bob--there were at least 3 NSDAP Visors that I have seen on various German Dealer websites that hat this specific logo with this exact font, to include Gau and Reichs lever--they usually are stonemint, and have the thick-ribbed twill body--they look real good in the pics, but there is just something about them that didn't sit right with me--and I believe they had different Hersteller #'s, but the RZM tags looked "right as rain."
          The Generalstab is the first I have seen it used on a WH visor, but that hat appears to be a standard Janke, so the others may have been Jankes with replaced sweatbands--who knows. I am inclined to believe that it is just a fantasy maker's mark, and is not copied from an original. Only time will tell (and I am sure we will start seeing minty NSDAP visors missing their sweatshields in short order).
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Ron--I'll add the HJ Leaders cap logo to this thread for comparison:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Now, this one is throwing me--it is on an NSKK visor on Von Lukaks site--the visor doesn't follow the same shape/wool of the NSDAP visors with this logo, but I still have my doubts:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hi all

This is the first DEUTSCHE WERTARBEIT SONDERKLASSE I ever saw...

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA:IT&ih=005

Some remarks:

- from the front view it appears oversized and not well centered;
                - from the inner view it seems that the visor and the sweatband were re-stitched. The lining looks quite well but the diamond isn't well centered and doesn't show the stirndruckfrei inscription;
                - the chinstrap and the oakleaf wreath look untrimmed in comparison with the fabric.

What do you think about?

Comment

Hallo stonemint,
                  it gives in Dillingen a. Donau a company with the name
                  Seemüller & Mühlhauser Pelzhaus, Am Stadtberg 3, 89407 Dillingen,
                  Tel: 0049-9071-9053.
                  I think the firm of Anton Seemüller is this company today.
                  best
                  Knopf

Comment

I just want to make clear that I am referring ONLY to "Deutsche Wertarbeit" in this particular font. You will commonly find it on many legit TR visors, such as this admin Shea has on his site:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Sorry to bring this old thread up again, but its for my own edification. I am beginning to believe that this was an actual logo from the Third Reich era, but was commonly faked afterwards. Here is the logo on one that looks wartime--note the stirndruckfrei system. The seller lists it as a "Viro" (Willy Rohe of Koblenz) but I see no indication of the same.
                      Attached Files
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This is the exterior of the above interior:
                        Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Found another which I believe to be original on a LW visor:
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This one also (imho) is 100% original. Like Peter said in another thread, I think this logo was used by different makers. This one has the Stirndruckfrei system:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Above hat:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The only maker I have linked this logo to is Carl Bangert of Koblenz.
                                Derek

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X