David Hiorth

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luftwaffe General's Visor - any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe General's Visor - any thoughts?

Hoping for comment - five photos. Your comments and descriptions of what you see will be a big help to one still learning.

Thanx, Rick C.
    Attached Files

Side view:
    Attached Files

Comment

Interior:
      Attached Files

Comment

Sweat band markings:

Comment

close up inside:

Comment

Not the GURU of generals hats but I like what I see...Billbert

Comment

Well, you know, I'm with you. What, if I may ask, do you look for (or like)? ANYthing you can share will help me learn more. I have another Luft - a white one, different maker - I'm always hoping for more insight. Thanx, Rick C.

Comment

Nice Clemens Wagner

Comment

Thanx! Any views on what General's are worth these days? Any info on the manufacturer that you might share? Rick C.

Comment

Can you provide a close-up of the visor? Underneath and top please, as I don't see the checkered bottom and there appears to be evidence of "naked" stitch marks. Also, the wire stiffiner is still in place, correct? Is there any rust due to moisture, etc. Finally, is there any evidence the visor has been re-sewn, as well as the insignia? I am NOT saying I believe the hat to be a repro, but I am hesitant to say conclusively that it is correct. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenixpwb
                      Thanx! Any views on what General's are worth these days? Any info on the manufacturer that you might share? Rick C.
                      Hi Phoenix, Clemens Wagner caps are a high quality item, Often refered to as part of the "MAGIC FOUR" makers in some collectors opinions, Clemens Wagner, Robert Lubstein, Pekuro and August Schellenburg.

I like it. Vaules in the UK around £1800 to £3000. Luftwaffe General's visors are not common.

Comment

Paris Gun - Additional Photos & comment: No rust is obvious that I can see. The eagle has thread on the inside lining. There's no no checkering on the bottom of the visor & there are no holes evident on the visor that might indicate it was removed or resewn. Four photos follow... Rick C.
                        Attached Files

Comment

2nd photo
                          Attached Files

Comment

3rd photo
                            Attached Files

Comment

last photo
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X