Schellenberg visor caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schellenberg visor caps

Does anyone have an August Schellenberg visor they can post photos of please?
    I'm interested to see Schellenberg's stirndruckfrei system, the full felt padding around the sweatband.
    Many thanks
    Ben

Here you go Ben,
    Clive
    Attached Files

Comment

Under
      Attached Files

Comment

Celluloid
        Attached Files

Comment

Drgm
          Attached Files

Comment

Underside of visor
            Attached Files

Comment

Underside of sweatband
              Attached Files

Comment

Wonderful schirmutze Clive, many thanks for posting. Looks like pink for Panzer is it?

Have you ever seen one similar to this? It's got the ersatzleder band and thick black felt padding all the way round.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ben,

What is the liner made of? from here it looks a bit like the Eigentum artificial, orange, silk. This logo does appear in black but the thick felt, velvet? band is more indicative of a Kupper type patent. Could we possibly see better pics please?

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Hi Guy, the cap isn't mine and it's the only photo of the interior I have unfortunately. The construction and materials did strike me as a bit strange for a Schellenberg though.

Comment

Yes, It's an odd one Isn't it. I've never seen this type of sweatband attatchment from this manufacturer. I can't say I'me overly seduced by the pic. Definitely need to see more I reacon .

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Schellenberg

Colleague Watkin's Panzer cap is such a nice piece, and a rare maker with this anti-Lubstein Verfeinerung. The cap pictured below it with the velvet insert at 360 degrees does put me off, too. Something appears to be in error with it, I think. However, one cannot determine such things w/o actually peering and poking at same. Later Schellenberg caps had no such Stirndrueck features, or they mainfested cheapo charatceristics.

Comment

Hi Ben,
                          The only cap on which I have seen such a set up is Heinrich Balke, photos attached. How it got on this cap, I don't know. Yes, my one was a panzer cap.
                          C.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again Clive, that one has a very similar s-band and padding doesn't it. Great lining, never seen anything like that before.

Comment

You know, I just went back through my photos of the various caps I've owned in the past, and came up with a photo that may interest you. Frankly, August Schellenberg seems to have had quite a few different celluloids, and a few different manufacturing methods. Here is an interior shot of what I believe is an original Schellenberg Artillery officer's cap... so perhaps yours is OK (the difference being, of course, the celluloid). Sorry to add confusion.
                              Clive
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X