No announcement yet.

Schellenberg visor caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And hey, just to throw more confusion out there, here's a shot of what I believe is an early Schellenberg celluloid (on a Forestry cap).
    Attached Files

Comment

And notice the sweatband on this Forestry visor - alkor, as opposed to the nice leather on the panzer I showed earlier.
      Attached Files

Comment

schoene Bilder

In view of the additional evidence, I retract my doubts. Wonderful data and pleasing images of the modest details of the hatting past. The Forestry Schellenberg logo is unknown to me, nor illustrated in the standard work, either. Viel Sammlerglueck. Apropos this paper or Alkor sweat band in the S-berg Foerstermuetze, I have seen this kind of thing in highish end caps from years before 1939, as well, frankly. I cannot fathom why some caps had leather sweat bands and others did not. I am not sure it was, indeed, akin to vinyl upholstery in the Chevrolet and leather upholstery in the Cadillac. There is always a danger of anachronism here, to be sure.
        Last edited by Donald Abenheim; 12-04-2005, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Schellenberg

Dear gentlemen

Due to a recent acquisition, I thought it appropriate to revive an old thread.

my cap is a Schellenberg and seems to bear the same construction pattern as the one discussed a while ago - in the interior a second ring of soft material between the cap band and the visor all the way round.

I agree this will certainly add further to the confusion!

I invite those of you who are interested in the subject to let me have their comments - by the way, feel free to comment on the overall cap too if you see anything which is worth raising - it is my first Schellenberg and therefore I am not very familiar with this maker.

Thanks you all

Alex

Comment

photo 1
            Attached Files

Comment

photo 2
              Attached Files

Comment

photo 3
                Attached Files

Comment

photo 4
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Alex, like I said on the email, nothing wrong with this one in my eyes. Lovely looking cap.

Comment

sehr schoen

Very attractive piece with interesting details of this Berlin maker. I believe this red emblazoned cello rhombus is the later type, but who knows for sure. vielen Dank.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen for your valuable opinion.

Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X