No announcement yet.

Panzer M42 Side caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be disappointed Jim. I posted my HG wrapper and after nearly 500 views only 12 or so people replied. For something so rare and undeniably genuine it just didn't make people want to comment on it. Nice cap by the way, and I may pick up a Heer wrapper myself one of these days.
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I also like your caps Jim and I beleive to be nice originals.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene
        Don't be disappointed Jim. I posted my HG wrapper and after nearly 500 views only 12 or so people replied. For something so rare and undeniably genuine it just didn't make people want to comment on it. Nice cap by the way, and I may pick up a Heer wrapper myself one of these days.
        Gene and Tony,

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Gene, I remember seeing your HG wrap. Looked awesome. But I don't think there were many comments due to the fact, most of us have never had the opportunity of seeing one in the flesh. Plus its like the news I guess, only the bad news seem to draw interest. It seems like most original items only draw a few comments.The items that split the members as to originality can get pretty intense.

I can't remember seeing any other Panzer M42s posted on the forum. I know that many Panzer collectors don't care for them (or thats what I've heard). I don't understand why. They really aren't that bad looking. Of course this lack of interest also means the fakers haven't spent a lot of time trying to manufacture them.

WR jim

Comment

[QUOTE=djpool] We now have some new members.... Frankly it seems the majority of Panzer headgear/tunics seem to be getting the these days.

From what you have shown, my Opinion would be that your fine with those hats. Perhaps a replaced insignia on the most recent one as well; it is impossible to tell from the pictures (and maybe even if inspecting it in hand) but the insignia itself looks original and believably applied (and those Pz "T"s have become tough in themselves to find!) The ribbed wool specimen is particularly nice as not many of those types of garments (M38, M42, M43 hats or wraparounds) were produced, let alone survived to be collected. But in either case the Pz M42 is a difficult hat to find.

And by the way, I have always liked the M42's (and I do fancy myself a Pz aficionado).

B. N. Singer

Comment

[quote=B. N. Singer]
            Originally posted by djpool
            We now have some new members.... Frankly it seems the majority of Panzer headgear/tunics seem to be getting the these days.

From what you have shown, my Opinion would be that your fine with those hats. Perhaps a replaced insignia on the most recent one as well; it is impossible to tell from the pictures (and maybe even if inspecting it in hand) but the insignia itself looks original and believably applied (and those Pz "T"s have become tough in themselves to find!) The ribbed wool specimen is particularly nice as not many of those types of garments (M38, M42, M43 hats or wraparounds) were produced, let alone survived to be collected. But in either case the Pz M42 is a difficult hat to find.

And by the way, I have always liked the M42's (and I do fancy myself a Pz aficionado).

B. N. Singer

Thanks to all.

Mr Singer both caps are actually the ribbed wool. I can't tell if the insignia on the second one is replaced or not. Unless someone uses polyster thread or sews like me its difficult for me to tell. I know Bob Hritz got it just the way it is.

In Wilkins book on headgear he comments" Production of the black M42 cap for Panzer was even more limited than that of the field grey version, and thus these caps- though many collectors do not find any particular attraction to the M42 design -are very rare. " Maybe the M42 wasn't sought after 20 years ago but I think that might be different now.

wr Jim

Comment

not all the people that watch a thread are obbligated to post a reply if they re not "experts" about something.expecially about m42 panzer sidecap.the m42 are scarce in the normal green version,that the panzer version is as rare as a White Fly.

Comment

m42

Opinions?
                Attached Files

Comment

next picture

Next picture
                  Attached Files

Comment

Interior
                    Attached Files

Comment

This sidecap looks original, you can compare its maker's markings with this LW Bergmütze. :

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=kornacker

The soutache seems to have been removed, and it is not a M42 Feldmütze.
                      derka

Comment

Thank you for your reaction.
                        In my opinion, soutache was not present.
                        The reason for placing it here is the mark M42 inside.

Comment

What seem and got me confused on my schiffchen inside-M42, is H42 on that Lw Bergmutze. That´s why I got confused.

Originally posted by Hinkle View Post
                          Thank you for your reaction.
                          In my opinion, soutache was not present.
                          The reason for placing it here is the mark M42 inside.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X