Luft tropical overseas cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Observations

For example: Steve, did you note that your 42 Berolina cap is of an unusual weave? Very similar to the backing of my tropical breast eagle that you asked me about.
    Attached Files
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

My Berolina cap in question is sewn with 2 different shades of grey-greenish thread (spotted by daylight)..
      I guess all others in question have this feature too ?
      I'm curious..

Jos.

Comment

Mine is sewn with tan thread.

Comment

Posting this marking from a recent thread, wanted it here for reference.
          Attached Files
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I only caught on this thread of late and thus missed some of the pictures which have since been edited. Specificially..Francois, are the photos you posted on page 6, A1 and B1 reprsentative in your opinion as originals? I understand the debate with the "9" on what John feels are good and bad tropical hats, however, there is also a subtle font distinction in the photos posted on page six A1 and A2 on the stamp, both with what some feel is the questionable "9".
            I will go back and see if I can list the photos/pages with this font difference, I have a cap which is most identical to Jos's, it is the thinner material, however, different eagle backing, but with the questionable "9". Mine also LACKS hand written size AND lacks a stamped size. The stamp is good clear and distinct.
            On page , images 3 and 4 I believe. Steve posted a cap which I believe has what some feel is the correct nine, but it ALSO has a subtle font difference which is noted one of Francois caps pictured on page 6 and lacking in the other, to throw gum into the works, here is another cap which has the proper "9" and which also has a font distinction which mine has..ONE of Francois , Steves, Jos (I will recheck) and mine as well. Mne is completly stitched in tan thread, this cap below appears to be of a much darker grey thread.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 07-20-2006, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Scott,

I pulled my pics because of a lack of interest but started another thread here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=167318

Gene
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess
                I only caught on this thread of late and thus missed some of the pictures which have since been edited. Specificially..Francois, are the photos you posted on page 6, A1 and B1 reprsentative in your opinion as originals? I understand the debate with the "9" on what John feels are good and bad tropical hats, however, there is also a subtle font distinction in the photos posted on page six A1 and A2 on the stamp, both with what some feel is the questionable "9".
                I will go back and see if I can list the photos/pages with this font difference, I have a cap which is most identical to Jos's, it is the thinner material, however, different eagle backing, but with the questionable "9". Mine also LACKS hand written size AND lacks a stamped size. The stamp is good clear and distinct.
                On page , images 3 and 4 I believe. Steve posted a cap which I believe has what some feel is the correct nine, but it ALSO has a subtle font difference which is noted one of Francois caps pictured on page 6 and lacking in the other, to throw gum into the works, here is another cap which has the proper "9" and which also has a font distinction which mine has..ONE of Francois , Steves, Jos (I will recheck) and mine as well. Mne is completly stitched in tan thread, this cap below appears to be of a much darker grey thread.
                Well, I don't know what the PC answer is except that I am confident with both of mines
                Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Updating thread

A veteran verified Berolina stamp.
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...54#post3186054
                  Attached Files
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Good to see this thread is still alive.

Hey John,
                    What is the significance of photo #95 ? Is it a known fake ?

Regards,
                    Steve
                    Last edited by SMP; 04-07-2009, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
                      Hey John,
                      What is the significance of photo #95 ? Is is a known fake ?
                      Hi Steve,

Please tell me, would you own it? Have you seen an authentic Luft. tropical sidecap with a red lining?

Please look at how the lining meets the body of the cap.
                      Regards,
                      John
                      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
                        Hi Steve,

Please tell me, would you own it? Have you seen an authentic Luft. tropical with a red lining ?
                        John
                        No and No

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
                          No and No
                          Same here.
                          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Here are two tropical caps out of my collection for discussion.

The first one being a mint Berolina dated 1942.

The second being a worn Eduard Brammer dated 1941.

Many thanks, Gareth
                            Attached Files

Comment

Pic 2
                              Attached Files

Comment

Pic 3
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X