X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW M43 cap made with italian silk lining

i need some comments on this LW cap in mint condition i have for at least
    25 years in my boxes .
    IMO a quality italian production but not sure .
    Material used for the lining is a typical italian air force blue grey silk , nothing exotic .
    The wool is a classical LW later war wool quality .
    Only stamping is the size as often in such caps .
    Machine sewn on badges LW eagle + flat cockade .
    Nick
    Attached Files

From the pics, I like it !

Comment

Everything seems correct on this cap, the wool, the traditional Italian lining with simple size marking, the machine-sewn insignia, regular buttonhole ... for me it's ok!

Comment

Italian lining but classical wool, why not ; I say "ok", too

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
          25 years in my boxes .

Nick
          These came out around 10 years ago when weitze (or winkler, dont remember)) put them on the market and said he found them all in a abandoned flaktower or flakbunker.

A few dealers bought them the same time, all got the same story.

Will try to dig out some pics...

I owned one of these, but i was never really comfortable with it so i returned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
            These came out around 10 years ago when weitze (or winkler, dont remember)) put them on the market and said he found them all in a abandoned flaktower or flakbunker.

I owned one of these, but i was never really comfortable with it so i returned it.
            Not from this source ...i really have it for about 25 years ! Found in Germany .
            Do you still have pics of yours ? why didn't you feel "comfortable" with it ?
            It was may be a small lot found somewhere in Germany 10 years ago and brought on the market , why not , but i'm sure not only 100 pieces were produced period in this style ? 1000's ...by who and when ? an italian maker ?
            HPC made KM mint tropical caps were found in Hamburg still packed per 10 pieces
            years ago and you see also HPC made caps like these from different sources , even used out ?
            Remember the famous Beehive cache from Austria ? so many tropical caps in mint condition, made of different makers also .
            Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post

I agree, after a long debate, Weitze sold them on eBay.de for 60 euros. And Peter V L had one for sale on its website that some did not like (with a trapezoid sewn on), including W. Zahn.
              I owned one and I have to say that it was really well made.

Comment

Is that a breast eagle? Is there a cockade? I have no problem with the Italian lining and the wool looks OK but Luftwaffe caps are typically well marked with RBNrs, dates and sometimes even the month of manufacture. I don't hate your cap but I have suspicions.

Comment

LennyW once posted some of this bogus size stamps found on Winkler fake caps and it seems to be a pretty good match when comparing it with the stamp seen on this hat so i guess Winkler was the source.

Comment

Originally posted by MM1985 View Post
                    LennyW once posted some of this bogus size stamps found on Winkler fake caps and it seems to be a pretty good match when comparing it with the stamp seen on this hat so i guess Winkler was the source.
                    I was going to post those as well suspicious indeed I have dozens of fake caps with this size stamp saved in my archive.
                    Last edited by Lenny W; 02-13-2020, 11:42 AM. Reason: Additional information
                    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=71278

Here is the link

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And some more photos from the thread starter cap.....
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X