Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 Lw field cap

Hi!
    What do you say about this really mint lw cap?
    Original?

Thanks in forward!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by axion9; 10-25-2004, 12:53 AM.

pic

pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi KJ, I have looked at this cap several times tonight. I own a Luftwaffe Einheitsfeldmutze myself, in fact, it was the first cap I ever bought. This cap is just so new looking it worries me. I cannot see anything wrong, but it is just one of those gut feelings you get that makes me hesitate about it. The wool just looks too good quaility and very blue, likewise the lining is also very blue in colour.

Sorry this is not a lot of help?

Cheers, Ade.

PS. I have added a link to an old thread where I show my cap. Can you see what I mean?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=22008

Comment

I agree with Ade. I do not like the looks of this M43. Without seeing the more intimate details, I do not like the quality of the wool at all. And, I don't like the eagle trap. The details of the eagle look off, as well as the wool backing again.

Compare that eagle with this one.

Willi
          Attached Files
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I agree with the 2 opinions above. And well, P v L has this one in his listings since several months, another (not that bad) indication...

Comment

Sorry fake !!

Comment

Originally posted by GrenadierKarl
                Sorry fake !!
                grenadierkarl, might i suggest you take a look at the comments on this thread, particularly regarding qualification of comments such as yours

the other guys in this thread have made comments which help and point us in the right direction

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=70806

Comment

Hello all,

now this thread has been interesting and educational to read! Why? Because I KNOW the story of where this cap is from and it's other 12 identical siblings. Comments range from Adrian's sensible cautious approach to Grenadier Karl's stupid and totally uneducated contribution (how does a forum entry like this help or educate anyone?) and is a classic demonstration of how these forums are going downhill now.

This cap is one of 13 acquired by a picker for Helmut Weitze. The caps were found during construction work in a bunker attached to a flak tower in the Hamburg area, they were all mashed together and covered with surface dirt on the exposed areas. Peter bought 2 of these and cleaned them....another can be found on Helmut Weitze's site. With respect I can see (apart from lighting flare) little or no difference between the trap Willi shows and the one on the subject cap. How does the trap on the cap look fake? It is to me a perfectly normal example of a LW trap.

As I said......there are a lot of people sitting at their computers just waiting for a chance to write something....anything....even if it is useless, uneducated and not the least bit helpful to the community reading it. Grenadier Karl is a classic case.....why don't you think next time before you let your fingers do the talking? Now if anyone has an educated question or sees something wrong that goes beyond "it looks too new" (which is a rediculous thing to say) then let's hear it! Discussion is great.....that is what we are all here for....not the stupid comments of a few. I spoke to Peter on this just now and if you want to see ANYTHING in detail.....just ask....Peter will be happy to photograph it and post it! Let's make this actually educational for a change.

I am off my soapbox now! Cheers, Wade K.
                  Last edited by Panzer; 10-25-2004, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer
                    Hello all,

now this thread has been interesting and educational to read! Why? Because I KNOW the story of where this cap is from and it's other 12 identical siblings. Comments range from Adrian's sensible cautious approach to Grenadier Karl's stupid and totally uneducated contribution (how does a forum entry like this help or educate anyone?) and is a classic demonstration of how these forums are going downhill now.

This cap is one of 13 acquired by a picker for Helmut Weitze. The caps were found during construction work in a bunker attached to a flak tower in the Hamburg area, they were all mashed together and covered with surface dirt on the exposed areas. Peter bought 2 of these and cleaned them....another can be found on Helmut Weitze's site. With respect I can see (apart from lighting flare) little or no difference between the trap Willi shows and the one on the subject cap. How does the trap on the cap look fake? It is to me a perfectly normal example of a LW trap.

As I said......there are a lot of people sitting at their computers just waiting for a chance to write something....anything....even if it is useless, uneducated and not the least bit helpful to the community reading it. Grenadier Karl is a classic case.....why don't you think next time before you let your fingers do the talking? Now if anyone has an educated question or sees something wrong that goes beyond "it looks too new" (which is a rediculous thing to say) then let's hear it! Discussion is great.....that is what we are all here for....not the stupid comments of a few.

I am off my soapbox now! Cheers, Wade K.
                    dear panzer

you are a man after my own heart....WELL SAID....being new here and not really knowing the rules i couldn't bring myself to say what i really felt about GK

Comment

Cheers Phillip!

It's a sad fact, but many people, especially ones with experience are either leaving or not posting because these forums (and I point the finger at all here) are turning into self indulgent tabloids. Quality and education is out the door....and it's looking more like Gerry Springer than an educational pursuit.
                      Cheers and I hope you get from the forum what you want to find.
                      Cheers, Wade K. (a fellow traveller)

Comment

Apart from all this, nice stories are always nice stories... I share Ade's worries to say the least, and for me, the two traps above (P v L's and Willi's) are totally different.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Edelweiss; 10-25-2004, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Hi Chris,

actually....the one that Adrian has posted on the linked article is NOT a trapezoid....it is two seperate badges. So a direct comparison cannot be made...two different badges. It compares very closely to the one Willi posted above however which is a trapezoid of the same pattern.
                          Cheers, Wade K.

Comment

Hi Wade,

No, don't worry I stucked to the examples showed on this thread only ; I added a quickly-made comparison in my former post. No definitive opinion made "sitting at my computer", just some legit worries as I can't pay P v L a visit right now...

Comment

Ok...so you feel it does not match the one shown by Willi then? Now apart frm there being many manufacturers over the years,(and therefore many different examples) what exactly looks incorrect on the trapezoid? Or is it just that it is not identical to Willi's one?

Wade K.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X