No announcement yet.

SS Buckles to collect: The ultimate list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much for your important work.

Comment

A lot of your work has been very helpful. When I joined the forum I had one aluminum, two nickel and a couple of steel SS. I now have 25 different variants. I use to stay away from most SS buckles but your hard work and others on the forum made me confident in buying SS and avoiding the fakes.

Thanks again and looking forward to the other sections of the Ultimate SS Buckle thread.

Kirby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nickel Silver Buckles (Officers) 1931 to 1936:

Steel Unmarked
        Period authenticity is yet to prove. There is so far NO valid evidence this buckle was ever manufactured before 1946. The ONLY link to it's possible authenticity was brought by long time collector Marc Verstraete who one day purchased it for his own collection, now gone. His belief became an assumption. I still list it here since, if I cannot prove it's authenticity, I cannot deny it either.

Overhoff & Cie
        Unmarked
        O&C Ges.gesch.
        O&C ges.gesch.
        O&C ges.ge sch.
        O&C ges.gesch. + RZM
        O&C ges.ge sch. + RZM
        O&C ges.ge sch + RZM 24
        O&C ges.gesch. + RZM + 24
        RZM 24 + GES.GESCH.
        RZM 24
        RZM SS 35/36
        RZM SS 36/36
        Last edited by Ric Ferrari; 11-20-2019, 09:26 AM.
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh
        All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Thank you Dear Jean Pierre!!
          ps
          we wait for a book from you on SS buckles!! it will be great for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by sturmtrupp View Post
            Thank you Dear Jean Pierre!!
            ps
            we wait for a book from you on SS buckles!! it will be great for sure!

No book and no more collecting. No more fakes/fakers tracking either and no more participations in this subject.

t is over for me. I am currently selling all my collection to purchase an apartment in Rome, Italy
            Jean Pierre Redeuilh
            All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Ric, could you please edit my first list regarding EM's and add "Unmarked" to the Overhoff's buckle list? This was already listed in the Officer's list but not in the EM's.
              Thanks in advance!
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
                Ric, could you please edit my first list regarding EM's and add "Unmarked" to the Overhoff's buckle list? This was already listed in the Officer's list but not in the EM's.
                Thanks in advance!
                Done

Ric

Comment

Aluminum Buckles (EM/NCO) 1937 to 1940:

Assmann & Söhne
                  Rotated swastika (also called Prototype)
                  RZM 155/39 SS Type 1
                  RZM 155/39 SS Type 2
                  RZM 155/40 SS

R.Sieper
                  Rotated swastika (also called Prototype)
                  RZM 822/37 SS Type 1
                  RZM 822/37 SS Type 2
                  RZM 822/38 SS (Medium Numbers / Thin ring around SS - Type 1)
                  RZM 822/38 SS (Large Numbers - Type 2)
                  RZM 822/38 SS (Small Numbers / Thick ring around SS - Type 3)
                  Unmarked Injection Molded (also called Alu Flat Back)

Overhoff
                  RZM 36/37 SS (Marking by Catch)
                  RZM 36/37 SS (Regular marking under post sleeve)
                  RZM 36/38 SS (Regular marking under post sleeve)
                  RZM 36/39 SS (Regular marking under post sleeve)
                  RZM 36/40 SS (Type 1 One ring around SS - Regular marking under post sleeve)
                  RZM 36/40 SS (Type 2 Two rings around SS -Regular marking under post sleeve)
                  Last edited by Ric Ferrari; 05-20-2019, 04:18 PM. Reason: Upon author request
                  Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
                    Years that I did not publish any updates in this particular field of collecting. Years collectors (and leeches) were asking for it. So today you finally got it.

This list is the result of over 20 years of investigations, time and money consuming.
                    Nobody has any idea about how many hundreds of hours it took me to reach then closely verify the accuracy of this list.

In this list you will find several "Named by JP Redeuilh". Why? Because it is true. Like Type 1 or Type whatever, I indeed also created those Types many years ago. Some collectors are kind to remember this but most don't.

So, I will kindly ask ANYBODY using this list or content, for future reference, comment, publication or duplication to be honest and preserve its origin and so my work. The choice to refer is your but please do it. It is just respect and will not cost you anything.

I will update by segments, then I will add pictures and availability. So the full thread will take several days / weeks

Comment

science does not go into the forest
                      Best regards
                      Zygi

Comment

Aluminum Buckles (SS Officer) 1937 to 1940:

Assmann
                        Unmarked (Believed to be prototype - buckle without prongs)
                        Unmarked (Believed to be prototype - buckle with prongs)

Overhoff
                        RZM 36/37 oLc SS
                        RZM 36/38 oLc SS
                        RZM 36/39 oLc SS
                        RZM 36/39 oLc SS overstamped with Large oLc
                        RZM 36/40 oLc SS

Exact same as SS officer buckles but Gold finished
                        RZM 36/39 oLc SS
                        RZM 36/40 oLc SS

Christian Th. Dicke
                        RZM SS 257/39

Police buckles bearing RZM/SS markings

Overhoff
                        RZM 36/38 oLc SS over ges.gesch. oLc (Gold Finished)

Christian Th. Dicke
                        RZM M4/22 SS DRGM
                        DRGM RZM 257/40 SS
                        DRGM RZM 257/40 SS (Gold Finished)
                        RZM 257/41 SS
                        Last edited by Ric Ferrari; 05-20-2019, 11:00 AM. Reason: Upon author request
                        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

A premium class thread Jean Pierre, as always

Hope it will be pinned ...

Comment

I another Forums where I am also posting this list, there were two interesting questions. So I will try my best to resume their content:

- Wim Saris, the most respected and largest source for period documents, was asking why there was no mention of Haunstein & Kirchhof from Leipzig in my list. The reason been is that a catalog from H&K shows indeed a drawing of an SS EM buckle been offered for sale along with several others buckles. But those are just rough drawings part of a catalog including various metal items ranging from rivets to springs for chairs and mattresses. Also several catalogs (including notorious Assmann's) were including items the maker was also selling, not just manufacturing. For that reason, this list includes ONLY physical SS buckles one can find and collect. All those SS buckle EXIST. I saw myself any of them and anybody can expect to find at least one.

This bring us to the second interesting post:
                            Andrea, who took great care to condense in that Forum an anarchic but comprehensive list what was spread over several other Forums, asked me a question about Bakelite SS buckles. My answer is that I do not expect to list any SS buckle made from Bakelite or post any picture about one. Reason? I never, ever, saw one. I saw documents dating from 1936 and 1941 dealing with production of Bakelite / thermoplastic buckles , I saw also Heer buckles made from such material, but never SAW anything related to a SS buckle made from Bakelite. The existence of a SS buckle made from Bakelite, for what is my concern, was an input from past collector Marc Verstraete. He swore to have seen not just one but two for sale at the same time. Following his own input, one was in perfect condition and the other was broken in two parts. Still following his own input, the broken one was sold to someone he does not remember, and the other in perfect condition to a collector he gave me name of. Several time I talked to this collector who smiled to me but never agreed even once to ever owned such buckle.
                            So, I am someone who needs to see or touch to believe. I did not see one, I did not touch one either. So, until that happens such SS buckle remains for me just a legend.
                            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Hello Jean-Pierre, enjoy your time in Roma and your right decision.
                              Thank you for your support!

Comment

Steel Buckles (EM/NCO) 1940 to 1945:

Overhoff
                                RZM 36/42 SS Type 1
                                RZM 36/42 SS Type 2
                                RZM 36/42 SS Type 3
                                RZM 36/43 SS
                                RZM 36/44 SS
                                OLC (within large diamond)
                                ges. gesch.
                                Unmarked (Green finished + Silver finished (Several kinds))

Assmann
                                RZM 155/40 SS Type 1 (marking by the catch)
                                RZM 155/40 SS Type 2 (marking under post-sleeve)
                                RZM 155/40 SS Crank Catch
                                RZM 155/43 SS Type 1 (same catch as 40's)
                                RZM 155/43 SS Type 2 (U shaped catch) (Green finished + Grey finished + Silver finished (Several kinds))

Josef Feix & Söhne
                                JFS
                                Unmarked

C.Robert Dold (RODO)
                                RODO Type 1 (NO Rope below eagle's beak) (2 finishes)
                                RODO Type 2 (Rope below eagle's beak) (4 finishes)
                                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 67 users online. 0 members and 67 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X