Hj / Dj Coversion Buckles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David,

Not wanting to appear overtly patrician , but yea, it had struck me that my roundel looked somewhat overhoffy. By the way, I'll be in Hampshire again end of April. If you can fit it in, I'd be delighted to see you.

Cheers,
    Karl

Originally posted by Renfield
    Karl

Actually and in my distinctly plebian way, I would however assume that your buckle is the fruits of a marriage between O & C and B u. N.

Regards,

David

Comment

Chad,

It's really just another variant. Dare I tell you that I paid all of the equivalent of $20 for mine? Well I just did

All the best,

Karl

Originally posted by Chad Williams
      Karl...I have found another buckle exactly like yours, with the second marking in the same place, but it is tooo expensive...he and I are working on other deals so who knows, I may end up with it.....thanks again for posting it though, it is a great buckle!!! check out the thread I just posted about the backwards R in rzm and give me your thoughts..chad

Comment

Karl...I think I just cried a little bit that is awsome, as jealous as I am, I love to hear when other collectors find a great deal!!!! especially on a really great buckle!! Chad

Comment

Karl

I had always suspected that you were actually von Ortmann.

Perhaps Christian and yourself have tried in the past to identify a quite specific HJ roundel design to a quite specific maker, although this has always confused me (easily done these days). The prime manufacturers and to include Assmann, Overhoff and Dicke do appear to have a unique design, although the problem occurs when scrutinising the numerous others.

A guaranteed inducement to going ga ga.

Regards,

David

p.s. will speak to you privately about meeting up next month in Hampshire, assuming of course that I do not have a deja vu experience from last year when if you recall, the local scallys hoofed down my back door at three in the morning and stole the cars.

Comment

need help posting attachment

Would like to post some pics of my crossover buckle , but unable to do so.
            Would appreciate any help

Comment

photos posted for Filip

Attached Files

Comment

2nd photo posted for Filip

Attached Files

Comment

3rd photo posted for Filip

Attached Files

Comment

Filip
                    that buckle is in wonderful condition!!!!! beautiful..Chad

Comment

crossover

That’s what I meant when I said it was a piece of beauty. Actually, this buckle is a part of a belt/shoulder strap set. All metal is RZM marked, naturally.
                      Thanks for help, Chad

Comment

Here is one I've had a for a while
                        Attached Files
                        Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Reverse
                          Attached Files
                          Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Originally posted by Karl Ortmann View Post
                            And here's mine. As you will be aware, the conversion was done officially on order of the Reichsjugendführung in 1938. Solely authorized to carry it out were Assmann, Overhoff and Dicke.

Regards,

Karl
                            Hello everyone,

Check out this Franke & Co conversion buckle:

http://forum.blockhaus.ru/index.php?...=post&id=28730

http://forum.blockhaus.ru/index.php?...=post&id=28729

How do you explain it's existence?

Filip

Comment

Filip
                              the Dj buckle was decomissioned in place of the Hitler youth buckle in 1938...all youth both Hj and DJ would wear the HJ buckle, and if you so chose you could have your Dj buckle converted fro a small fee instead of buying a new HJ ... there were 3 firms approved to do the conversion... so there are 3 distinct Hj rondels which were aplied over the DJ buckle faces. I will try and update this thread with the new HJ / DJ conversions that I have now, when I authored this thread I had 3 , and I now have about a dozen. Will take some time over the next week or so and try to post more. hope this helped explain it..Chad

Comment

Hello Chad,

If I understand you correctly, this Franke buckle conversion was a custom job and not a factory one?
                                THX
                                Filip

Originally posted by Chad Williams View Post
                                Filip
                                the Dj buckle was decomissioned in place of the Hitler youth buckle in 1938...all youth both Hj and DJ would wear the HJ buckle, and if you so chose you could have your Dj buckle converted fro a small fee instead of buying a new HJ ... there were 3 firms approved to do the conversion... so there are 3 distinct Hj rondels which were aplied over the DJ buckle faces. I will try and update this thread with the new HJ / DJ conversions that I have now, when I authored this thread I had 3 , and I now have about a dozen. Will take some time over the next week or so and try to post more. hope this helped explain it..Chad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X