SA on E-Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA on E-Stand

I have this for sale on E-Stand and have been asked to put it up for discussion. I'm not a buckle expert, but the detail on it is excellent.
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice one (page 173 R.Angolia)

Comment

Thanks, Patrick.

Comment

I'm sorry to say, but the buckle shown is a FAKE and well-known to collectors specializing in SA buckles. Unfortunately the fact that this and other buckles fool some collectors is probably often due to their being showcased in Angolia. A reminder that this excellent reference is not a perfect guide and should not be taken as gospel.

Best,
          Adam
          Last edited by aechols83; 09-09-2012, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Hello,

has no one more opinions to this nice SA buckle ?

Comment

Originally posted by yellow12 View Post
              Hello,
              has no one more opinions to this nice SA buckle ?
              Hello All,

@yellow12...the buckle is a fake.
              Look but only once the mark and the box on !

Best Regards

Raphael

Comment

Originally posted by musketier View Post
                Hello All,

@yellow12...the buckle is a fake.
                Look but only once the mark and the box on !

Best Regards

Raphael

Ric

Comment

Originally posted by aechols83 View Post
                  I'm sorry to say, but the buckle shown is a FAKE and well-known to collectors specializing in SA buckles. Unfortunately the fact that this and other buckles fool some collectors is probably often due to their being showcased in Angolia. A reminder that this excellent reference is not a perfect guide and should not be taken as gospel.

Best,
                  Adam

So if the book Angolia is not to "trust" how do I know which buckles in the book are good?
                  Can anyone tell me which books are better .... (outside this forum )

Comment

Originally posted by patrick99 View Post
                    So if the book Angolia is not to "trust" how do I know which buckles in the book are good?
                    Can anyone tell me which books are better .... (outside this forum )

Do you really expect that it is possible to write a book that will answer all your questions? And if yes how voluminous should be such a book?

All books about German belt buckles that I know are more or less full of mistakes and letting many questions unanswered. As far as I know most of their authors are not pure belt buckle collectors and I have the impression that some advanced collector has more knowledge to offer.

If you want information about belt buckle classification Bandau/ Patzwall is the best source in my eyes, but he shows the buckles only from obverse.

I can only advice to learn how to judge a particular buckle by yourself. A book should be only used as the first guide for a novice collector. Just my 2 cents!

Best,
                    Guido

Comment

Originally posted by Guido L. View Post
                      Do you really expect that it is possible to write a book that will answer all your questions? And if yes how voluminous should be such a book?

All books about German belt buckles that I know are more or less full of mistakes and letting many questions unanswered. As far as I know most of their authors are not pure belt buckle collectors and I have the impression that some advanced collector has more knowledge to offer.

If you want information about belt buckle classification Bandau/ Patzwall is the best source in my eyes, but he shows the buckles only from obverse.

I can only advice to learn how to judge a particular buckle by yourself. A book should be only used as the first guide for a novice collector. Just my 2 cents!

Best,
                      Guido
                      Guido,
                      I'm began to collect buckles in 2006
                      My first thoughts were to buy a few books before I bought myself buckles. It seemed logical to me.
                      Where do you get this knowledge come from??
                      Jou have to had it from a source?

Comment

@patrick99:

You get the knowledge from having original buckles in hand. There is nothing that can beat having a buckle in hand - looking at construction with your own eyes, feeling the weight, and how the material looks and feels.

Although books can be good texts to which buckles are which, I can only agree that there is not a "buckle bible" out there.

Start with WAF - if you are absolutely unsure on a buckle there is more knowledge on these pages than will EVER be put on paper.

People are MORE than helpful as I'm sure you have found... I have not been collecting long and started with buckles back in 2009. I studied the fakes gallery and looked up buckles that I found very hard to determine fake (ie: I still struggle with some SS buckles).

Best,
                        Josh

Comment

Apologies...this was bought by me about 10 years ago and put up for sale in good faith.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X